Join for free
Page 700 of 754 « First < 200 600 650 690 698 699 700 701 702 710 750 > Last »
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 08:54 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good evening ladies. Paula years ago I can remember my mum making sandwiches to take with us for the day. No money then to buy sandwiches and other things. May I haven't bought any plants yet, will get around to it shortly. Roxy hope you enjoyed your swim. Pixie cold here today as well. Went to Braehead and got my I phone fixed, then bought some small earrings with clips for my six year old niece.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 08:37 AM

Good Morning Each,a fine sunny one here so have the washing out on the line early as rain forecast for later,

Have a pot o' soup on the stove so that's lunch sorted,

Hiya Jessie,I think I saw a Friend of Yours join the Site the other day?
will PM You, ...Have a good one Lassies.x
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 10:21 AM

Morning All, Still freezing cold and back in my thick fleece. I really hate when the weather faffs about like this. I'm going to have to put all my plants out during the day and back in the greenhouse around 6pm. I'm sure my wee baby plug plants are going to die with all the messing about, they don't like it, neither do my begonia tubers they are not poking their heads up at all. Busy few days ahead, lots to catch up on, both inside and out.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 11:34 AM

Good morning ladies. Had bother with my laptop this morning. Had to take it to the shop and he fixed it in five minutes. Cant get into my email will have to wait till my niece comes down. Roxy I still haven't bought any plants yet.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I don't know if you have read this site, PB, but its really useful. The only other thing I would add is take plenty of midgey spray!
https://www.visitscotland.com/see-do...rth-coast-500/

Are you driving? I mean, with a caravan or something?
I think I'll be driving with B&B's Pixie.

I did briefly consider hiring a campervan, but I couldn't see one that was suitable for a wheelchair user.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by PooBear ->
I think I'll be driving with B&B's Pixie.

I did briefly consider hiring a campervan, but I couldn't see one that was suitable for a wheelchair user.
Ahh I see, PB, yes it would be difficult to find one....it makes you wonder why though? The countryside isn't exclusively for able bodied people! Anyway, we in Scotland have a law now that every entrance to a public building or shop , etc must be accessible from ground level. It may well be the same down south, but I thought I'd mention it seeing as it was relevant.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:16 PM

Morning (or afternoon, just checked!) everyone. This is such a peculiar day weather wise. Anyway, not doing much of anything, but making a collage wall hanging for my friend who recently moved. Hope you are all having a lovely day
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:17 PM

Good to hear, Pixie.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 12:19 PM

I live on the NC500 and it's not suitable for big camper vans. The roads are very narrow with passing places up here. Not everyone knows the rules on how to use these, especially foreign visitors, I had the dickens of a row with one couple a few years back, they had pulled into a passing place and set up a camper table and were having a meal. It caused all sorts of problems for drivers who could not get passed each other, I was in a rush that day so I got out of the landrover and waded in.
PooBear
United Kingdom

29-04-2021, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I live on the NC500 and it's not suitable for big camper vans. The roads are very narrow with passing places up here. Not everyone knows the rules on how to use these, especially foreign visitors, I had the dickens of a row with one couple a few years back, they had pulled into a passing place and set up a camper table and were having a meal. It caused all sorts of problems for drivers who could not get passed each other, I was in a rush that day so I got out of the landrover and waded in.
So B&B it is.

I have to say I'm really looking forward to it. I might try to make time to visit the Trossachs - but does that need a special trip?

Page 700 of 754 « First < 200 600 650 690 698 699 700 701 702 710 750 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top