Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 08:30 PM

Re: boats at Sovereign Harbour Eastbourne

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Cobblers, Eastbourne is THE geriatric resort of the UK, the real living dead, nothing like Worthing.
Eastbourne has scenic beauty for those who enjoy stiff walks along the coastline . Otherwise a dump with traffic.
Worthing also has nothing but is well located to get to places of interest, unlike Eastbourne.

That is why we chose Bexhill-on-Sea, the posh area ,between the two towns mentioned
Tuppy
South East England
Tuppy is female  Tuppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2015, 09:01 PM

I happen to like Eastbourne. Not so old there these days, the youngsters are moving in.. watch out the wrinklies!!!!
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 10:45 AM

Not really blessed are we for towns on the coast.

Rye is great, if a person wants the drive and can park when they get there.
Hastings is ok for a trip out and to stock up with smack and get a tattoo.
Eastbourne is clean, as normal the pier is burnt down and the place is full of traffic. The old girls sitting on the sea front, many have been dead several days I swear and nobody notices. But it is the start of The Southdowns National Park , from where the scenery is great, in particular at the Cuckmere , my watering hole, some will see it perhaps as it was on Luther last week.
Bexhill is just boring.
Newhaven is the pits.
Brighton is great.
Worthing is mundane at best, but central for a visit to all the places from Portsmouth to Rye.
Littlehampton is day trip and the dumping ground for undesirables.
Bognor, now that place really is the pits.
Then Chichester Harbour area, Bosham, the town, Goodwood, Arundel etc Great.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
That is why we chose Bexhill-on-Sea, the posh area ,between the two towns mentioned

We live a few miles to the west of Bexhill and Cooden beach is nearest to us.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...m=122&ie=UTF-8
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2015, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
We live a few miles to the west of Bexhill and Cooden beach is nearest to us.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=co...m=122&ie=UTF-8
I agree a nice upmarket residential area as are the many similar but more expense areas along the coast. But not really resorts as such, my way they are just gated estates with million pound plus properties.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top