Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 03:25 PM

Is there any hope for mankind?

When we come up with things like this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/7762223.stm (cluster bombs)

Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 04:38 PM

Re: Is there any hope for mankind?

I think mankind was doomed to failure when gun powder was invented, this will only speed up the end.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 04:47 PM

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

And those big bombs make such pretty mushrooms

There is hope-we just have to evolve a bit
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 04:51 PM

Whoever invented these horror bombs should be forced to visit the living victims of these vicious weapons every day for the rest of their lives.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 04:59 PM

Face it-horror weapons go back a long way. Arrows were dipped in shit so as to kill by infection if not fatal on impact.

Don`t blame the weapon-it`s the minds behind their usage-and yes I would not hesitate to use anything at my disposal if my family were threatened-therein is the problem?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 05:27 PM

Yes OG, mankind have thought up a lot of weird ways of persecuting each other over the ages, but I'd rather take my chances with the shitty arrows thank you.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 05:32 PM

A wise man once said: "It's amazing what mankind can do without God's help, imagine what they could do with His help."
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

01-08-2010, 05:54 PM

God was doing the round,and the Universe is big so it takes a while. When it came back to earth God was heard to mutter-

"Buggar I knew that tennis ball Satan served was going out-shame about the dinosaurs-but I see mankind evolved. Can`t see them lasting very long"
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 08:12 PM

The capacity to think of ways to kill one another is neverending. Think of giving smallpox blankets from infected people to the Indians.... Greek fire, the precursor of napalm .... poisoning wells ...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2010, 09:49 PM

I am not sure if there is hope for mankind - It is frightening what destruction we are now capable of.

I was an ardent CND supporter and had many arguments with my Grandma about the nuclear bomb and what that would do if it was ever used in a major War. She was convinced that nothing was worse than the mustard bombs of the first World War. My dad was a survivor of the camps in Poland and Germany, captive for four years of the second World War, and he was adamant that nothing could be worse than the things that happend in Poland and Germany. Man's inhumanity to Man (and other species he shares this planet with) is sometimes beyond comprehension.

It seems so hard for Mankind to learn how to share. I think the only hope is that countries will maintain communication with each other, learn about, join in and respect, each other's culture and eventually become more tolerant.

Does anyone remember this song - Melting Pot by Blue Mink (I think Culture Club have done it as well more recently)

Take a pinch of white man
Wrap him up in black skin
Add a touch of blue blood
And a little bitty bit of red indian boy
Oh like a curly latin kinkies
Oh lordy, lordy, mixed with yellow chinkees, yeah
You know you lump it all together
And you got a recipe for a get along scene
Oh what a beautiful dream
If it could only come true, you know, you know

What we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough enough enough to take
The world and all it's got
And keep it stirring for
A hundred years or more
And turn out coffee coloured people by the score

Rabbis and the friars
Vishnus and the gurus
We got the beatles or the sun god
Well it really doesn't matter
What religion you choose
And be thankful little mrs. graceful
You know that livin' could be tasteful
We should all get together in a lovin machine
I think I'll call up the queen
It' s only fair that she knows, you know, you know

What we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough enough enough to take
The world and all it's got
And keep it stirring for
A hundred years or more
And turn out coffee coloured people by the score

Coffee coloured people
Coffee coloured people
Coffee coloured people by the score

If it were possible, would this idea help secure our future survival ? or is it too idealistic ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top