Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 04:30 PM

Re: Do you have many "Over 50's Forum" friends?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ooh Floydy, Thank You for your Friend request ....does this mean we're an item!
Ha! A Joke, Honestly! l'm not a bunny boiler!
I'll consider it, Artangel
Nothing wrong with bunny boilers
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 04:31 PM

I have just checked and I have two friends on my profile page, but to be honest I tend to reply to people on the topics rather than privately.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
That is, on your profile page.
I've only got one so far
Oh would you like me sweetheart ...xx

On my last/ other forum one dirty looking old unshaven individual had over 100 females friends all very attractive females. If a new nice looking number joined I would tell him to get in quick. Point is he never made one post in his life, so what quite is the value of stamp collecting trophies and more to the point is what is wrong with the women.

I will now guess who your friends are and take a look, answer in a sealed envelope

Yes looked, got it in one, is there a prize?

Have we met before
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 05:24 PM

I thought I had a couple of friends but now im not so sure floydy
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 05:54 PM

I'm not after amassing lots of friends, just an enquiry as to who had them and how many. I have enough real life buddies to converse with, and I actually think the whole 'internet friend' scenario is rather phoney. But it's nice if people are interested in one another as a method of communication.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 06:11 PM

Floydy, I don't think the friends thing means much either, but it is nice to have them if you need to ask about something on the site. I like to think that they are somebody you can share a giggle with about somebody's amusing comment, or have a moan to when somebody winds you up.
I have crossed swords with a couple of friends on here, but if you get on well it is soon forgotten and things are back to normal. Friends are people that you stay friends with, even when you have different opinions.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Floydy, I don't think the friends thing means much either, but it is nice to have them if you need to ask about something on the site. I like to think that they are somebody you can share a giggle with about somebody's amusing comment, or have a moan to when somebody winds you up.
I have crossed swords with a couple of friends on here, but if you get on well it is soon forgotten and things are back to normal. Friends are people that you stay friends with, even when you have different opinions.
Exactly! Twink. If you can't have a different opinion, then the friendship would be pointless! We'd all become like those nodding dogs people used to have on the back window of their car!
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Exactly Twink ...I couldnt agree more .....I look forward to seeing how the friendship thing pans out for me
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 06:27 PM

It's a mystery to me why people have a 'friends' list.

It was like that on my last forum, which was a very long time ago. Most of those just wore their 'friends' list as a badge and thought they were popular because they had a huge list.

I can understand when a forum first opens and folk know others from way back ie from another forum or have a friendship history in real life - but these 'join then click people', who add 'friends' willy nilly are as bad as those who accept them. It's so false.

I never listed friends on there and don't do it here, p'raps that makes me unfriendly
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-10-2016, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
It's a mystery to me why people have a 'friends' list.

It was like that on my last forum, which was a very long time ago. Most of those just wore their 'friends' list as a badge and thought they were popular because they had a huge list.

I can understand when a forum first opens and folk know others from way back ie from another forum or have a friendship history in real life - but these 'join then click people', who add 'friends' willy nilly are as bad as those who accept them. It's so false.

I never listed friends on there and don't do it here, p'raps that makes me unfriendly
Pesta, To me it's just a little innocent facility on a forum! Not a badge of honour list or a 'See who can accumulate the biggest friend' list.
If a person requests your friendship, Why not? It's not hurting anyone, it's just a nice friendly gesture!
Of course, it's best not to befriend any Tom, Dick or Harry but l think l'm old enough and ugly enough to be able to recognise the scammers!

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top