Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 04:17 PM

Re: How Important Is Money To You?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
SP, My views on money?

The worst are the ones that stash it all away, penny pinch and do without in order to keep the figure high on their bank balance!
I see so many wealthy celebrities dying lately and l think, what's the good of their riches?
Money guarantees nothing!
I totally agree with you. I have NEVER seen an armoured van, following a funeral possession.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 05:01 PM

Money becomes important when you haven't got any.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by aerolor ->
money becomes important when you haven't got any.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 05:51 PM

I practically live on the breadline here so money as such is very important to me as I dont have much at all.....its stressful wondering what will become of you sometimes.
Like Mups if ive got enough to feed my family and dog and enough to keep my little car going then thats all I want
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 05:57 PM

SP, My views on money?

The worst are the ones that stash it all away, penny pinch and do without in order to keep the figure high on their bank balance!
I see so many wealthy celebrities dying lately and l think, what's the good of their riches?
I'm afraid you have just described me Art.
I was born into poverty and orphaned at 15 years with no family ...I struggled to survive for a few years with no help from anyone, and no state handouts then.
The truth is, although now I have plenty money, I am so used to penny pinching and surviving on very little it is a way of life to me that I cannot shake off.
We have everything we need but do not hanker after 'stuff' and are very satisfied with our lot.
I remember those words .... 'Give us this day our daily bread'
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 06:18 PM

Money has never been that important to me which is lucky because I don't have any.

I would love to go back to the old system of bartering but unfortunately the banks, utilities and oil companies don't agree.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 06:35 PM

I have a brother in law who is literally at deaths door. He is extremely well off yet spends absolutely nothing. He has dozens of shares in dozens of companies. He recently sold his three "old" cars, a Ferrari, an Aston Martin and a Morgan. He banked the money. His house which was worth half a million pounds when he bought it is now falling apart and he spends nothing on it all. He never throws any food away. He will "recycle" it day after day until it's gone. His wife, my wife's sister, is constantly asking him to do something about the faulty central heating etc but nothing ever gets done. He even recycles tea bags two or three times!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I'm afraid you have just described me Art.
I was born into poverty and orphaned at 15 years with no family ...I struggled to survive for a few years with no help from anyone, and no state handouts then.
The truth is, although now I have plenty money, I am so used to penny pinching and surviving on very little it is a way of life to me that I cannot shake off.
We have everything we need but do not hanker after 'stuff' and are very satisfied with our lot.
I remember those words .... 'Give us this day our daily bread'
I have to say, Malcolm. How do you change a habit of a lifetime?
When l was first married, we struggled and every penny counted.
At 53, my marriage had finished and l was in another relationship where I lived a millionaire lifestyle..... but how do you change a habit of a lifetime? I couldn't!
How do you walk past the bargains and the yellow labels? You can't, as that is the life you have become used to!
I could have had anything l wanted but it came too late! I didn't appreciate it. Instead, l bought stuff for my children so they would never have to struggle as l did in my earlier years.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-11-2016, 11:16 PM

SP, My views on money?

That is true Art, although there is perhaps another way of looking at it too.
Perhaps rich people weren't always born with a silver spoon.
If they struggled and made their own way through inventiveness and sheer hard work, perhaps they are proud and content to be able to leave their money to do good somewhere, to help others who have nothing, whether it be family or charity.

There's no point in grieving about we can't take it with us, because there wouldn't be anything to spend it on anyway!
veganchick
United Kingdom
veganchick is female  veganchick has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 06:18 AM

It has never been overly important to me while l need some l have not been deluded into thinking it's the be all and end all. lt cannot stop me growing old or give me good health.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top