Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:31 PM

Re: Do you find that you never stop learning?

I learn lots on here
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
That will be the Buffalo Theory….

I noticed that after the third beer during the semi against Denmark.
Sage advice.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by judd ->
a day not learning, is a day wasted.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
I receive the BBC news letter monthly, around about... I will share with you an unusual Fruit from the past..Was very popular at one time, but went out of fashion for some reason..
Yes, there are some interesting articles from time to time worth signing up and give it a try..can always unsubscribe if need be..
https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2...e-world-forgot

the latest received today..not read it myself as yet...have more past issues if anybody want to read them...
https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/inbo...BFXFJCwAAAA%3D
I have heard of Medlars but would not know where to look for them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

09-07-2021, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
I generally spend quite some time online in the course of a week and it's really surprising what can be learned on there. possible.
Baz - the day I left formal education - I made myself a promise ... that I would learn something new every year - and I have kept to that promise and accrued varied - and weird - qualifications.

Some years have been Academic, some Crafty, some Practical - I have enjoyed each and every one. If you keep yourself in the 'learning curve' you never lose the skill.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Baz - the day I left formal education - I made myself a promise ... that I would learn something new every year - and I have kept to that promise and accrued varied - and weird - qualifications.

Some years have been Academic, some Crafty, some Practical - I have enjoyed each and every one. If you keep yourself in the 'learning curve' you never lose the skill.
Oh ?
You will !!

Donkeyman! 👎👎
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 07:56 PM

I've always taken the view that if I stop learning I start losing.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

It did and does for me. Aphasia. My skills are improving but sometimes I can't express the right words. And that is immensely frustrating.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
It did and does for me. Aphasia. My skills are improving but sometimes I can't express the right words. And that is immensely frustrating.
Gosh Besoeker, that must be really stressful sometimes. One step at a time. I think the humour aspect of it must be the hardest, I imagine.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 08:20 PM

You never stop learning...I learnt today that Prince Harry’s real name is Henry....Harry is a nickname.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top