Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 03:52 PM

How to P*** yourself off!

We got something from Thomson yesterday and it said to try their new website, My Thomson.

We aren't going on holiday this year but are going next year as my wife will be fully recovered by then.

I decided to have a look at this site today - got the Booking Reference and entered the site - to be greated by "only 415 days until your holiday.........

Wish I hadn't looked now. stevmk2
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 04:38 PM

Re: How to P*** yourself off!

Steve matey, had a very bad experience with Thomson's holidays several years ago - (I had to sue them in the County Court). So, wouldn't touch Thomsons holidays ever again!!!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Steve matey, had a very bad experience with Thomson's holidays several years ago - (I had to sue them in the County Court). So, wouldn't touch Thomsons holidays ever again!!!
Joe, I had an absolute shite holiday with a certain company that also used to have a popular senior Forum!

I tried to get the compensation that we were entitled to - under their own Rules - but they put up such an unreasonable defence with such high-powered, manipulative, lying barristers that I had to drop it or I'd have lost much more than I could afford.

Thomson have been consistently good from my honeymoon in 1996 to last year to Tenerife last year Joe.

I dare say that you could find bad experiences for just about every package holiday company but really it's horses for courses isn't it? stevmk2
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 09:01 PM

How about a DIY holiday, I've done it quite a few times now and it's always been OK. You can use Expedia to help.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2014, 10:36 PM

Quote Stevmk2.
I decided to have a look at this site today - got the Booking Reference and entered the site - to be greated by "[I]only 415 days until your holiday......…

Now the clock starts ticking in your head Steve, not to worry I'll bet someone here will very soon be able to distract you by telling you how many days it is to Christmas, never fails at this time of year.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 01:17 PM

My christmas tree is up already lol
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2014, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jean ->
My christmas tree is up already lol
Go on, admit you never took it down after last Christmas.

stevmk2
Milton Keynes

14-07-2014, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Quote Stevmk2.
I decided to have a look at this site today - got the Booking Reference and entered the site - to be greated by "[I]only 415 days until your holiday......…

Now the clock starts ticking in your head Steve, not to worry I'll bet someone here will very soon be able to distract you by telling you how many days it is to Christmas, never fails at this time of year.
I can go one better than that Jem - in 112 weeks I get my State Pension and I can retire!! stevmk2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top