Join for free
Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 11:13 AM

Re: Internet conversations

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I agree. And what really irritates me sometimes is when these tiffs dereail a thread which is about something sensitive. I think that could be upsetting to the OP of the derailed thread.
I can see the irritation Ania
I've learnt a lot during my time here and I have come to a point where I hope I can handle things better no matter how irritated I am, lately for instance I have actually bowed out of a thread or not entered in the first place - so, giving things a bit more thought first ........
I recall trying to calm a situation that went on between some members by being lighthearted, I thought to ease tensions, it didn't work, so a lesson learned there - which is fair enough, more people need to give some more thought to things really as some posts are grossly unjustified and unfair.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2014, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I really find that hard to believe Spittie - if a pm was really that bad it would be reported. I cant imagine anyone here of longstanding sending such a pm - I think these posts are very sad to view, I haven't witnessed anything so bad as the posters are suggesting here
Mountains out of molehills comes to mind.
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 02:11 PM

I agree, that is why I stay away from subjects like religion or politics that always causes problems. I come here to de stress not get stressed.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 02:16 PM

What I have found on internet conversations is that now and again your posts are ignored by some. It's almost as though they are "talking over you". It hasn't happened often, but has happened.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
What I have found on internet conversations is that now and again your posts are ignored by some. It's almost as though they are "talking over you". It hasn't happened often, but has happened.
Hope not here Alice .......
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 02:35 PM

That's a problem with forums it can just be someone misses your post and isn't intentionally ignoring you or they agree with what you say so don't feel the need to add to it. I always think a like button would be good then you would know people have read it !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-07-2014, 03:26 PM

Yes - I can see the sense in that now .....
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 03:31 PM

I like the idea of a like button. You get to know the people who are on the same wavelength as you and some who are definitely not!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-07-2014, 03:32 PM

I like the idea of a like button. You get to know the people who are on the same wavelength as you and some who are definitely not!!
That could make things a lot easier
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 03:52 PM

I think that a like button would be helpful. I think the nearest thing to that is a "reputation button".. where you can add good rep to a poster.. I have seen that on some forums, but it was used in a negative way sometimes

Page 10 of 14 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top