Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:18 PM

What Do You Do That You Shouldn't Be At 'Your' Age?

Riding on the coattails of someone else's suggestion for a thread I'm going to ask, do you act your so called age?

I don't. Maybe its because we never had kids, I don't know but ny husband & I get very silly. My husband more than me as he'll make a spectacle of himself in public whereas I'm too shy
(btw, there's a serene picture of him in my profile album).

Ok, anyhoo.....when we're out shopping, sometimes I'll pick out a quiet, empty aisle & yell some absurd rummy noise really LOUD!!! I know my husband is in the next aisle, probably cracking up but has to remain serious because there's others in the aisle with him!

If someone happened to come along right smack after I did this, I'd act normal & be looking around consternated
Whatta gas!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:25 PM

Re: What Do You Do That You Shouldn't Be At 'Your' Age?

Jolly good show! Splendid!
I would never make a spectacle of myself! A pair of googles or a monocle yes, or even lumieres, but not a spectacle!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:26 PM

I do and I don't, depends, I certainly don't look my age and to me age is just a number.
Laughter is good medicine and individual - fortunately me an Hubs are on the same page .......
Indigo
UK
Indigo is female  Indigo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:29 PM

Good for you, Autumn Colour! Absolutely no need to act one's age, IMO! the more silliness the better! And good for the health too!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:40 PM

I play the occasional computer game, i love the total control i have over the pixel warriors doing my bidding. if only the rest of you would follow my orders then world peace would ensue and i could tax the the living daylights out of you.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I do and I don't, depends, I certainly don't look my age and to me age is just a number.
Laughter is good medicine and individual - fortunately me an Hubs are on the same page .......
You echo more or less what I would say Patsy.

I am young at heart and outlook and inclined to silliness when the opportunity arises.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:17 PM

But why does silliness or having fun have to be age-related? What exactly IS "acting your age"?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
But why does silliness or having fun have to be age-related? What exactly IS "acting your age"?
Its taking it to extremes I don't like, whatever the age.
Theres a docu on next week about 'oldies' having fun, guess what - it involves drink - wont be watching - its bad enough watching the teens falling about drunk. So, to me its older folk, 'acting young' ..........
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Its taking it to extremes I don't like, whatever the age.
Theres a docu on next week about 'oldies' having fun, guess what - it involves drink - wont be watching - its bad enough watching the teens falling about drunk. So, to me its older folk, 'acting young' ..........
Exactly. I don't think age has much to do with it, really.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 06:39 PM

If you look at the over sixties page on fb, they're always on about drink, put me right off!

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top