Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 11:15 AM

Over the counter medication.

When I get desperate for a nights sleep I take Nytol sleeping tablets. They're available over the counter and really work.
I don't take them all the time - maybe about twice a month - if I've been nodding in the day and know I won't sleep at night.

Does anybody else take these I wonder?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 12:06 PM

Re: Over the counter medication.

I'm a very poor sleeper, have tried Nytol and others but they don't help me at all .
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 12:13 PM

The only OTC I use is Prevacid... oh... that's another thread.. lol!!
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 12:19 PM

That surprises me Mags. I suppose you know there are two different types of Nytol.. I use the ordinary Nytol and it works really well. I tried the herbal version once but that didn't work for me at all.

I'm wondering if it was the herbal one that you used?
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.

18-07-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
The only OTC I use is Prevacid... oh... that's another thread.. lol!!
I'm interested in any over the counter medication that works for people - not just sleeping tablets.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 12:24 PM

My husband uses Valerian root and Melatonin for sleep. He works 6 night shifts a month and has to sleep during the day... which is hard.. he says tht these help a lot.. and they are natural
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 12:25 PM

Have a look at this thread http://www.over50sforum.com/showthre...ighlight=sleep I am still taking the tablets when I need them and sleeping well, slept right through the storms last night was news to me we had any !!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
That surprises me Mags. I suppose you know there are two different types of Nytol.. I use the ordinary Nytol and it works really well. I tried the herbal version once but that didn't work for me at all.

I'm wondering if it was the herbal one that you used?
Yes Carol, I've had sleeping problems for years and years and have tried herbal and ordinary and most other OTC sleeping tablets ... waste of money for me
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 04:16 PM

bringing this thread back on topic,I have tried,Valerian , Herbal Nytol and plain Nytol , plus Morrisons brand ,I use to take one Nytol every night then took it down to half a tablet and managed on that then came off and slept ok i do still take Nytol when i know i need the sleep ..
When i told my GP i was taking Nytol every night she said they dont work after taking them for two weeks ,I didnt like to say they work for me .
I have found sometimes waking with a heavy feeling and not awake proper for sometime ..
I didnt get that with Morrisons own brand ..and they were Cheaper
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2014, 04:32 PM

Afraid they do not work for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top