Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 02:10 PM

Your first home together

Do you remember your first home with your Spouse or Partner?
,In 1972 i was living in a house that was being rented to students , each room had a student in( females ).I was not a Student but homeless and i knew a friend of the owner
I was in a position to rent the whole ground floor of this house ,thus having a living room a bedroom and a Kitchen to myself . it was an old Victorian house so the rooms were big , and it over looked a beautiful green park,There was a huge Elderberry tree in the back yard of this house,it over hung the small back yard so hubby took it upon himself to chop it down and burn it , we then found out the owner of the house made Elderberry wine from the tree we lived in this house for about a year but being a married couple it didnt work sharing the house with Students .And one day hubby came home and said he had got the keys to look at two houses ,We chose one and moved on ...
Have you got a story to tell of your first home together ?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 02:22 PM

Re: Your first home together

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Do you remember your first home with your Spouse or Partner?
,In 1972 i was living in a house that was being rented to students , each room had a student in( females ).I was not a Student but homeless and i knew a friend of the owner
I was in a position to rent the whole ground floor of this house ,thus having a living room a bedroom and a Kitchen to myself . it was an old Victorian house so the rooms were big , and it over looked a beautiful green park,There was a huge Elderberry tree in the back yard of this house,it over hung the small back yard so hubby took it upon himself to chop it down and burn it , we then found out the owner of the house made Elderberry wine from the tree we lived in this house for about a year but being a married couple it didnt work sharing the house with Students .And one day hubby came home and said he had got the keys to look at two houses ,We chose one and moved on ...
Have you got a story to tell of your first home together ?

Sacrilege!!! Eliza darlin' - all that good booze gone to waste!!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 02:26 PM

I think that was the owners opinion too UJ
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 02:26 PM

I have gal - will come back to it later - laundry duty first
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 02:40 PM

Our first home was a barrat starter home in 1984, when they came round to address any problems (there were a few) they tried to tell me the bathroom window wouldn't open because the house had settled but the window had stayed where it was put we weren't there long though as interest rates grew to 17% so we had to sell and made a loss. Took us 4 years to pay back the deficit and we had one year homeless living in our car. Not a hugely fun time but did teach us a lot about who to trust and who not to even try to speak to !
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 03:04 PM

It was a tenement flat in the town centre, which was haunted
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

21-07-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Our first home was a barrat starter home in 1984, when they came round to address any problems (there were a few) they tried to tell me the bathroom window wouldn't open because the house had settled but the window had stayed where it was put we weren't there long though as interest rates grew to 17% so we had to sell and made a loss. Took us 4 years to pay back the deficit and we had one year homeless living in our car. Not a hugely fun time but did teach us a lot about who to trust and who not to even try to speak to !
I remember the Barratts Advert with the Helicopter and Patrick Allen selling the homes ..I often use to look at them adverts and wish i had a new home like them ..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

21-07-2014, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by alice76 ->
It was a tenement flat in the town centre, which was haunted
Tell us More please Alice , sounds like a good story to tell there ..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
I remember the Barratts Advert with the Helicopter and Patrick Allen selling the homes ..I often use to look at them adverts and wish i had a new home like them ..
I don't know what they were all like but the starter homes on our estate all have pretty major problems and 25 years on (last time we visited) the place looked really slummy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2014, 03:41 PM

We rented a flat - nice it was, on the top floor of a large house.
Beneath us, were an unfriendly couple who we would share a phone party line - after our first night we woke to find the line had been cut ! Ta very much .........
After a few months we left our lovely flat which we had decorated nicely, the fashion then was tongue and groove feature wall and ceiling.
After a few days, the landlord phoned us asking if we had stripped the flat !
I said definitely not - he said, no I didn't think so, but had to ask. I'll get back to you.
The next day he phoned to say, he had paid a visit to the flat below and there was our tongue and groove and some other bits - in their flat !
Charming ......

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top