Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2019, 05:58 PM

Re: Trick

Originally Posted by Jem ->
One thing is for sure, politicians never miss a trick.

I have missed many a trick, I just wasn’t as quick off the mark as I should have been.
One particular trick I could easily have pulled off but didn’t because I’m too honest, I suppose you could put that down as an Ignored trick.
There was an old lady selling old junk jewellery at a jumble sale stall many years back, one item I noticed was a spray brooch, I picked it up and had a good look at it, it was 18ct gold and there were twenty 3mm diamonds spread over the sprays, all set in platinum, I reckoned it was worth about 500 quid back then. She was looking for ten bob for it, I hadn’t the heart to cheat her and told her the value, she was thrilled, it had belonged to her Scottish grandmother she told me, and then she quickly put it into her own purse, well it was hers in the first place.
She offered me my choice of any of the other pieces she had laid out on her stall for free, I politely refused and walked away. True tale that.
How good of you, Jem.

I was once behind a disabled woman at a customer services desk in a supermarket. She paid for something and went off.
I was next in the queue and as l walked over, l noticed there was £10 on the floor where she had stood. It would have been so easy to pick it up and pocketed it but l couldn’t have lived with myself if l had.
Instead, l chased after her, losing my place in the queue and gave her the £10. She hadn’t even realised she’d dropped it.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top