Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2019, 10:42 AM

Re: Speed test

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Doesn't it depend on what you are paying for?

I pay for 100/40Mbs and generally I get 97ish down and 38 up so I am happy with that. When I first paid for this service I was getting 50 - 70 down, I complained and they soon fixed it up (well, within a fortnight anyway).

It is no good doing the test going through a router or switches - they want it the figures from a computer plugged directly into the Network Termination Device at one of the data ports (UNID ports).

My router and switches knock the download figure at my desktop down to about 70Mbs.
I found in the past that when your contract was about too or had run out they slow you right down so that you contact them and they draw you back into another contract
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
I found in the past that when your contract was about too or had run out they slow you right down so that you contact them and they draw you back into another contract
I don't have a contract I can terminate at any time. Keeps them on their toes.
pathfinder
scotland
pathfinder is male  pathfinder has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't have a contract I can terminate at any time. Keeps them on their toes.
Yes I did the same for a while carried on paying out with the contract but then I started getting a lot of buffering and slow downloads and when I contacted them I ended up with another contract and ended up paying extra for fibre I have just checked my contract it ends on January
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2019, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by pathfinder ->
Yes I did the same for a while carried on paying out with the contract but then I started getting a lot of buffering and slow downloads and when I contacted them I ended up with another contract and ended up paying extra for fibre I have just checked my contract it ends on January
Fibre is the only way to go, fortunately I was one of the lucky ones that got the NBN fibre to the home before the current government of no hopers changed it to fibre to the node. At least it is free (so far).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top