Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 01:09 AM

Re: Hot mic moments

There's only one thing on Trump's mind and that's Trump.
Unfortunately this will only make his support even more determined to back him.
Boot
England
Boot is female  Boot has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 02:46 AM

They weren’t heard to say much and the editing squashed two separate bits together, which may have made it seem worse.

I can’t stand Trump but if my job involved attending international conferences for the purpose of maintaining good relationships and alliances, I would be careful what I said.
These senior politicians should have had more sense and good manners than to be discussing another head of state at an international gathering of this kind. Very bad manners and undiplomatic.

Whoever filmed this and edited the video clip and posted it online must have known it would cause trouble too - bit of a stirrer.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 07:03 AM

Hi

The link was to RT a Russian Media Platform used for disinformation by the Russian Government.

They certainly wanted to cause trouble.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

They are indeed 'two-faced'. Remember de Gaulle who, having sought safety in the UK from the Nazis, later turned round and gave his "NON" statement when we first asked to join the Common Market?
Oh come on! de Gaulle, as leader of the free French, was treated appallingly during the war by that pig Churchill. Can't blame de Gaulle for getting his own back really.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Oh come on! de Gaulle, as leader of the free French, was treated appallingly during the war by that pig Churchill. Can't blame de Gaulle for getting his own back really.
In what way?
Don't make assertions without evidence.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 12:24 PM

Hi
Trump is dangerous, puts too many at risk.

A complete No No as regards Security, second only to Boris,

Corbyn is a very bad third place.

A vote for Boris is a vote for illegals

Boris is an absolute liar, a complete scumbag.

He is however better than Corbyn.

Not a good choice for us.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That's because he couldn't be trusted with confidential information. In his determination to include the French in every action, he ended up leaking information to enemy spies. Consequently, he was excluded from important tactical meetings. The man was totally arrogant and despised the 'Anglo Saxon' English and Americans.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
That's because he couldn't be trusted with confidential information. In his determination to include the French in every action, he ended up leaking information to enemy spies. Consequently, he was excluded from important tactical meetings. The man was totally arrogant and despised the 'Anglo Saxon' English and Americans.
Thank you. That explains clearly what Bruce apparently could not.
It is also a convincing and believable explanation, and fits in with my perception of both de Gaulle and present-day French leaders.

My long-term distrust of the French, for a number of reasons both present-day and historical, is confirmed.
They are, historically, our enemies. In fact, the only periods in history when they have been our 'friends and allies' have been when they have been under threat and needed our help.

I'd never trust them to help us.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by jbr ->
thank you. That explains clearly what bruce apparently could not.
It is also a convincing and believable explanation, and fits in with my perception of both de gaulle and present-day french leaders.

My long-term distrust of the french, for a number of reasons both present-day and historical, is confirmed.
They are, historically, our enemies. In fact, the only periods in history when they have been our 'friends and allies' have been when they have been under threat and needed our help.

I'd never trust them to help us.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2019, 02:37 PM

That lot looked like schoolgirls being bitchy talking about another in the playground. Serves them right for being caught out. They should grow up.
Best one for me was when that idiot, Gordon Brown was caught out when he forgot his mic was still attached and on.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top