Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:49 AM

Re: Even Juncker Admits It's Over

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Of course not, france will referee in case either of you doesn't abide by the law.

France will surrender like they always do.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Germany and it's people are our natural ally.

We should pass a law in parliament making it illegal to ever go to war with them again.

We'll not do the same for France.
Indeed. They can't be trusted!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Germany and it's people are our natural ally.

We should pass a law in parliament making it illegal to ever go to war with them again.

We'll not do the same for France.
The problem with that is that history shows when fighting France Britain, more often than not, comes second.

...but then again history teaches us that the only thing people learn from history is than no one learns anything from history.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 02:08 PM

A WORD OF WARNING!

Solasch, surely you should be championing Britain leaving the EU? after all, we are one of the three 'superpowers' with France and Germany that surround you in the low countries.
You also surely know there was a reason that when we were fighting amongst ourselves, we chose your country to do battle - that's because you were smack bang in the middle of us all, on the very doorstep to central Europe.

It can only be win win for you once we have gone, You will automatically become the third wheel. Beware though,after all, at the moment you are a minnow between two countries that hate each other, Get your feet under the table quick with as much power as you can muster because after our departure although for the Netherlands it will be far better to be part of the driving force and not outside it, when France and Germany once again become buddies and start to hate YOU!. (their whipping boy, the country that always watched your back and vice versa ) will be long gone)

As I say, be careful what you wish for - One only has to look at the face of Varadkar last week. What a picture! This jumped up little nobody has been puppeteered by the EU for 3.1/2 years, so much so that he actually believed he was a big wheel in the EU. Of course, everybody outside of Ireland knew he was being used, but it is only until last week when he learned ''Hey! why am I being excluded from the Trade Talks?'' that the truth has hit him.
I personally couldn't be happier that it has happened to him.

So how about waving your friendly country flag for us in our endeavour to be free, rather than continously slating us for wanting to leave? It's all to your advantage, isn't it?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2019, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
A WORD OF WARNING!

Solasch, surely you should be championing Britain leaving the EU? after all, we are one of the three 'superpowers' with France and Germany that surround you in the low countries.
You also surely know there was a reason that when we were fighting amongst ourselves, we chose your country to do battle - that's because you were smack bang in the middle of us all, on the very doorstep to central Europe.

It can only be win win for you once we have gone, You will automatically become the third wheel. Beware though,after all, at the moment you are a minnow between two countries that hate each other, Get your feet under the table quick with as much power as you can muster because after our departure although for the Netherlands it will be far better to be part of the driving force and not outside it, when France and Germany once again become buddies and start to hate YOU!. (their whipping boy, the country that always watched your back and vice versa ) will be long gone)

As I say, be careful what you wish for - One only has to look at the face of Varadkar last week. What a picture! This jumped up little nobody has been puppeteered by the EU for 3.1/2 years, so much so that he actually believed he was a big wheel in the EU. Of course, everybody outside of Ireland knew he was being used, but it is only until last week when he learned ''Hey! why am I being excluded from the Trade Talks?'' that the truth has hit him.
I personally couldn't be happier that it has happened to him.

So how about waving your friendly country flag for us in our endeavour to be free, rather than continously slating us for wanting to leave? It's all to your advantage, isn't it?
Leaving was your choice, and I wish you attain that goal. The quickest way for you to experience what advantages you lost.
As for me personally, I will return to the country I was born, suriname.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top