Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 03:08 PM

Time solved

I was thinking
there are 60 sec in 1 minuite
there are 60 minuites in one hour
There are 12 months in a year

Who ever thought of having 365 days in a year? that is stupid.

Now if we worked it out properly 12 months with x30 days in a month into 365 days actually leaves 5 days over (360.5)

So now we would have

30 days in a month throughout the year

If we averaged out a working life of 50 years (50X5 days) We would have saved 250 days, or in other words retired that much earlier and have a longer life span by almost another year.

Not only that but clocks would not have to have a day figure on it
no turning clocks back or forward either each year

IS THAT NOT BRILLIANT?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 03:20 PM

Re: Time solved

Yes it's high time we went metric.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
I'm afraid that's down to celestial mechanics, because the Earth's orbit around the Sun takes 365.24 days.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 03:42 PM

Time on your hands today, Realspeed?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 03:51 PM

I'm afraid the length of a day and the amount of days in a year isn't up for renegotiation RS, Mother Nature determined all of that and she doesn't allow any argument...
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
I'm afraid that's down to celestial mechanics, because the Earth's orbit around the Sun takes 365.24 days.
spoil sport another of my brilliant plans down the pan
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 04:09 PM

At Least your brain is still working! Maybe not as it should but still working anyway.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 04:26 PM

We could improve things if we wished. Let me steal some brilliant ideas from Dave Gorman here.

We all know that there are 7 days in a week and that a month is 4 weeks.

Therefore there SHOULD be 28 days in a month, not 30,31 etc.

So let's decide to put that straight. From now on, all months will be EXACTLY the same, all 28 days long.

This also conveniently means that every month will begin with the same day.

Now 12 months at 28 days each equal a total of 336 days so we are clearly quite short for the celestial 365 day yearly cycle. In fact we are 29 days short.

Clearly then our entire problem is that we don't have enough months in the year !!!!!!

So we need an extra month to make a year consist of 13 months rather than just 12. We will call it Realistember.
Remember every month will have 28 days exactly.

So now the year is 13*28days = 364 days

There is a day spare!

So what we will do is have an "intermission". Instead of New Year's Day immediately following New Year's Eve we will have a day of "intermission". . . . . which is great because everyone is hung over anyway and will enjoy that free day to relax and recuperate.

Actually, we can just use that day for an extended party !

Remember it's not any actual day of the week. It's not a Monday or Tuesday etc so not part of a working week nor is it part of the weekend. It is just Intermission.

Every 4 years (leap year) that intermission just becomes 48 hours instead of 24. It's that simple !

This simplifies life completely.

New Year's Eve will always occur on the same day, Sunday, the 28th of Realistember.

Easter will always fall on the same day, no more of this first Sunday after a blue harvest hunters moon whatever malarky !

Everyone's birthday will always be on the same day whatever that is.

Christmas Day will always be on the same day.

We can plan things so much better !

It's a brilliant system and I recommend it to the house !
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 04:29 PM

spoil sport another of my brilliant plans down the pan
I remember an article going round at the time decimal currency was being introduced. It was about time being decimalised.

I don't remember much of it but one thing stuck with me.
A year was to be 1,000 days. So superannuation was destined to be superkilodayuation........
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2019, 04:31 PM

I was thinking

Now if we worked it out properly 12 months with x30 days in a month into 365 days actually leaves 5 days over (360.5)

So now we would have

30 days in a month throughout the year

If we averaged out a working life of 50 years (50X5 days) We would have saved 250 days, or in other words retired that much earlier and have a longer life span by almost another year.

Not only that but clocks would not have to have a day figure on it
no turning clocks back or forward either each year

IS THAT NOT BRILLIANT?

Realspeed, You are so brilliant, you will go down in history as a genius. You will be up there with Einstein, George Orwell and many more.
I can tell my grandchildren that l knew the genius, realspeed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top