Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 08:42 PM

My Homemade Battered Fish And Chips.

I hate people who take pics of their food and post them somewhere but l had to show you the haddock l cooked in homemade batter, tonight.

Please excuse the presentation but it was a quick decision to take the pic after l had thrown it all onto the plate. I also, if you’re interested, wanted to tell you the recipe for the delicious batter.
The food looks a lot but it’s on a small plate! I made my own chips with the Albert Bartlett potatoes l grew in my garden.

The peas were frozen ones and the dollop of tartar sauce was from Sainsbury’s!

The batter was just self raising flour, soda water and seasoning all whisked together.
I cooked the battered haddock and chips in a chip pan as l threw my deep fat fryer out years ago.
My only regret is that, l don’t have a thermometer to test the correct temperature of the oil. Instead, l knew when the smoke alarm went off, it was hot enough!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	B1176F40-AF1E-4DB7-AC02-3CAE0292DA6D.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	10813  
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 08:50 PM

Re: My Homemade Battered Fish And Chips.

Looks scrumptious but needs champagne .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Looks scrumptious but needs champagne .....
I did think about it but l couldn’t drink a whole bottle on my own. Even if I’d had a couple of glasses, the rest would’ve been flat tomorrow, so l just had water!

The fish doesn’t look so nice on here as it does on my iPad. It looks a bit burned in that pic and it wasn’t.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 09:01 PM

I had a very sloppy minced beef and onions with mashed potates and mushy peas (see below for the faggot version - I couldn't find any Brains ..... )

It was so sloppy that I had to serve it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon .....

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	faggots-mash-peas (1).jpg
Views:	83
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	10814  
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-10-2019, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I had a very sloppy minced beef and onions with mashed potates and mushy peas (see below for the faggot version - I couldn't find any Brains ..... )

It was so sloppy that I had to serve it in a bowl and eat it with a spoon .....
Ooh, that looks like sheep’s diddle and onions!

I’m not a big fan of faggots! Maybe, the word ‘Brains’ is off putting?
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:37 PM

Well they both look great to me. Well done both of you. Good hearty English nosh. But if you don't mind me saying, the word "faggot" must have a different meaning where you are. Serious question: what in heaven's name is a faggot there
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-10-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Well they both look great to me. Well done both of you. Good hearty English nosh. But if you don't mind me saying, the word "faggot" must have a different meaning where you are. Serious question: what in heaven's name is a faggot there
Keezoy, l will leave Omah to explain but it’s not a fried or boiled homosexual.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Ooh, that looks like sheep’s diddle and onions!

I’m not a big fan of faggots! Maybe, the word ‘Brains’ is off putting?
I always thought they were made from brains up until just a few years ago, so I have never tried them.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2019, 11:04 PM

DAMN!!!! why oh why did i look at that picture, it's close to midnight and all i want now is a large fish and chips from the chippy
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

04-10-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
DAMN!!!! why oh why did i look at that picture, it's close to midnight and all i want now is a large fish and chips from the chippy

Dodge, I’ll make you some and send them by carrier pigeon.... Oh wait, you’re too young to die!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top