Join for free
Page 20 of 27 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 02:33 PM

Re: 39 people found dead in lorry

It would be dreadful if they did not repatriate. It's not our way.

They will learn from this and I'm sure there will be new legislation re such containers. It will put others thinking of such a trip off.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Isn't it inevitable that ID's would be forged at some point, like passports, driving licences and any other official papers?
I suppose so, but I believe that security features are becoming increasingly more strong and effective, especially with electronic communication systems.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
It is a horrible thought JBR, but I think it will happen!
The world is changing too fast .... more violence and less people being sufficiently punished. More illegal immigration that we are not dealing with , and hardly any countries being prepared to help reduce the climate change. The blame lies with weak governments & human greed.
I feel sorry for the wild life who will probably die by drowning, dehydration or starvation.... because they didn't create this unbalanced population on earth!
I'm certain it will happen if nothing is done, world-wide, to prevent it.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It would be dreadful if they did not repatriate. It's not our way.

They will learn from this and I'm sure there will be new legislation re such containers. It will put others thinking of such a trip off.
They want? They pay. Not our problem.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-10-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by muddy ->
now the families quite naturally are asking for the bodies to be returned to vietnam.
I think they should be if vietnam will pay for them.
Perhaps they can send a plane
if not they will have to be disposed of here
whatever costs less.
I know this sounds dreadful but people should not try to enter the uk illegally .
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm certain it will happen if nothing is done, world-wide, to prevent it.
X-ray every commercial vehicle and container.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-10-2019, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Isn't it inevitable that ID's would be forged at some point, like passports, driving licences and any other official papers?
No. The physical ID would beat key to a database. You already have biometrics on your driving license and passport. The thing that you carry is not of any real value.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

27-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
True, but I don't believe that there is a single national system that works. There is data protection legislation which prevents the sharing of data between organisation without explicit consent. (of course explicit consent can be gained in underhand ways). An ID card containing global data would legitimise this big brother society if passed by statute.

Of course various laws to get around this have been passed on the quiet. They are made with little publicity. People take these things for granted because in the culture of distraction we only notice things brought to our attention.
Existing legislation only really affects commercial interchange of data between commercial data bases and information held into public access.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

27-10-2019, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
X-ray every commercial vehicle and container.
That should be quite quick and efficient. They could drive through at a slow pace in a similar fashion to how bags are scanned in airports.

Anything suspicious (eg, radio-opaque shapes) and the container is sidelined for full examination.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Existing legislation only really affects commercial interchange of data between commercial data bases and information held into public access.
It also affects government departments.

Page 20 of 27 « First < 10 18 19 20 21 22 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top