Join for free
Page 23 of 27 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-10-2019, 10:54 PM

Re: 39 people found dead in lorry

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think if they don't then this tragedy will change everything.

But this isn't the first or the worst of these events.

https://www.news.com.au/world/europe...40a00964ba6cd5
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 12:11 AM

It's not the first but I think this one is more likely to result in change because of the level of coverage. Somehow this one is more shocking. So I have a strong feeling that it will lead to a big operation to stop this. It's certainly something that can be stopped if countries work together.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I hope so. This country really does need to protect itself better than it does at the moment.

Look at Australia, for example. If they can do it, why can't we?
I don't know the history of the Australian approach but seem to remember they were letting people die in boats. There are no real solutions. The people keep coming.

There was a futuristic documentary years ago (maybe in the 90s) predicting people marching on Europe as part of climate change. It seems to be coming true.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 09:01 AM

Why would these vietnamese young people want to attack us? For 30k they could pay to do a degree here so why take all this risk? It just makes no sense at all.
Predate does not just mean to attack, it means to live off us or more specifically to exploit our Social Services and the huge black economy that now thrives here.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 09:05 AM

I don't know the history of the Australian approach but seem to remember they were letting people die in boats. There are no real solutions. The people keep coming.

There was a futuristic documentary years ago (maybe in the 90s) predicting people marching on Europe as part of climate change. It seems to be coming true.
I see nothing wrong in the Australian approach.

As for our being invaded just Google "Rio agenda 21".
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 09:24 AM

I had an interesting discussion about this yesterday with a man in the pub .. bear with me because although he had a few beers he made some sense....he said the 30k was to get folks here anonymously with the promise of somewhere to live and employment when they arrived ..
They end up in low paid work in things like nail bars restaurants takeaways that sort of thing.

They pay 10k in advance then they have to work to pay off the 20k basically beholden by the debt for years

He said coming on a plane or organised travel put them on the radar and under constant threat of deportation...made.sense to me.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 09:38 AM

The Australian policy is or at least was that people coming illegally would not be allowed to live in Australia so they farmed them out to other countries .
Ie Manus Island ( now I believe closed ) and Nauru .
Migrants have an awful life here and suffer abuse from the local people .

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-for-refugees
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
The Australian policy is or at least was that people coming illegally would not be allowed to live in Australia so they farmed them out to other countries .
Perhaps we can farm ours out to Ireland or France.

Oh... hang on...
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-10-2019, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...d-for-refugees
And the problem with that is?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 11:54 AM

The problem is they have suffered abuse on these islands but on the other hand it is a deterrent for others coming in .

Page 23 of 27 « First < 13 21 22 23 24 25 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top