Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 07:53 AM

Re: would you speak up

Depends where you grew up, and if you witnessed a fair bit of unnecessary nastiness, this could taint your outlook, or conversely make you more streetwise, who knows?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 07:58 AM

Well twinks, I can speak my mind to anyone if the situation warrants it but in this situation I would move if it were possible. If there are other empty seats I would head for them, even a friendly request could create an awkward silence.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Well twinks, I can speak my mind to anyone if the situation warrants it but in this situation I would move if it were possible. If there are other empty seats I would head for them, even a friendly request could create an awkward silence.
In the cinema I may do the same, but at the theatre most are allocated numbered seats.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:32 AM

Unfortunately the theatre was full , no seats spare so I couldn't move anyway . I became so frustrated with the women behind after turning and staring a couple of times it finally came to saying "be quiet" . I'm not a confrontational person but I couldn't hold it in , then I spent the rest of the evening feeling awful , but I'm glad I did it .

Things could have turned out badly for me and I was aware of that , luckily for me they didn't .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 10:18 AM

I still get annoyed when I hear someone talking in the library so yes, I would definitely say something in the cinema or theatre. It baffles me why some people pay good money to go see something, then spend the whole time talking. And don't get me started on those that are on their phones throughout.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 10:38 AM

I would certainly tell them to shut up and have done, saying if you want to talk go outside.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 10:44 AM

I think, l would but l would be subtle!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I think, l would but l would be subtle!
Did you mean a 'sub-title'?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 02:16 PM

Lol this thread brings back memories of one of the first times I went to 'the old gits' (affectionate name for 'the seniors' club' at the cinema).

No you don't have to be 60. The cinema is pleased that anyone goes in the afternoon.

So there were about 5 of us sitting at the back and very few other people in there.

A man was sitting in front of me and the ADs were showing.
I was munching Bombay Mix.
He turned round and said 'ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE ANY MORE NOISE?'

Crikey! his hearing aid must have been working overtime.
We still laugh about it now, cos I'm not a noisy person and I am house trained and well behaved ... so there.

Strangely, he didn't comment about the hiss when one of my friends opened a can of lager
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

20-07-2017, 03:08 PM

For some reason sitting in front of someone munching on treats seems very loud. I have some sympathy for him (sorry Rachel), I hate the sound of someone scrabbling around their bowl of popcorn or slurping their bucket of cola behind me. I love popcorn but in the cinema, it reeks too.

(I like Bombay mix too)

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top