Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 04:43 PM

Dunkirk

I had to scour this thread as I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet...

Are you going to see the new movie Dunkirk? It's had some very promising reviews and apparently it's 'storyline' is as close as it can get to some of the actual happenings of that horrific event some 70-odd years ago.

As long as it isn't "Hollywood-fied" too much I think it should be very good. Saving Private Ryan comes to mind in this case - a great film but why oh why does America thin k they won the Second World War single-handed? (Although part of that may have been true).
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:01 PM

Re: Dunkirk

Part of the filming was done in the harbour in weymouth , lots of locals went to see the filming for days .

I'll go and see it
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 07:24 PM

I think it will be worth watching. It has Tom Hardy in it!
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 10:00 AM

Im off to see it tomorrow
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 04:16 PM

Floydy not sure if you have been to see Dunkirk yet but i went today and i really enjoyed the film very well made.
Geostorm is the next one for me to watch
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Floydy not sure if you have been to see Dunkirk yet but i went today and i really enjoyed the film very well made.
No, I didn't get the chance this weekend Doc. I'm hoping to see it one afternoon next week. Trouble is the kids are off school now and as the film is a 12 certificate I fear the cinema may be full of the noisy little brats - and that would ruin my viewing. We'll see. Glad you enjoyed it though bud
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 03:43 PM

I intend to see Dunkirk sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I did read that complaints have been made that it features no women or black actors. How ridiculous is that? As if they would have been on the beaches of Normandy!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-07-2017, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dolly ->
I intend to see Dunkirk sometime in the next couple of weeks.

I did read that complaints have been made that it features no women or black actors. How ridiculous is that? As if they would have been on the beaches of Normandy!
That's a product of the day and age we live in unfortunately, Dolly. We're expected to be more PC than ever these days

I did read one review that there were no French soldiers anywhere to be found in the story...how true that is, I don't know until I see the film, hopefully this week sometime.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Was Tom Hardy utterly gorgeous? If so I may have to go watch it!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I think it will be worth watching. It has Tom Hardy in it!
His lips are far too big

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top