Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 10:19 PM

Re: Do You Ever Feel Like Running Away?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When things get tough and grind you down... do you ever feel like running away?
Hmmmmm *looks quizzical*

Why do you ask?

Let's all sit down nicely, relax, have tea, bikkies and listen
gasman
Kent, UK
gasman is male  gasman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mrs Fox and me had only been married a few years when we had an argument. I drove off with the intention of never coming back. I got as far as Sherwood Forest and spent the night in my car writing a long letter to her. It was my birthday next day.

The morning arrived and I drove to our house early in the morning to post the letter, but as I was driving away she must have heard the letterbox rattle and when I looked in the mirror she was running behind me in her dressing gown and crying. I stopped, and the rest is history......
Sounds like a Mills and Boon story
Glad that you didn't brake too hard as Mrs Fox would have been part of your car. Great story mate
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 10:44 PM

I always manage to talk myself out of running away.
Where will go? I can't drive far. How do I book a train ticket? If I get somewhere will I find somewhere to stay? Will I have enough money? Will I find a loo? Will my pets be ok? Blah, blah, blah...

It's just too much hassle!

However, if I had someone to run away with I might be ok!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Mrs Fox and me had only been married a few years when we had an argument. I drove off with the intention of never coming back. I got as far as Sherwood Forest and spent the night in my car writing a long letter to her. It was my birthday next day.

The morning arrived and I drove to our house early in the morning to post the letter, but as I was driving away she must have heard the letterbox rattle and when I looked in the mirror she was running behind me in her dressing gown and crying. I stopped, and the rest is history......
Duh!

Some of you men are such drama queens

Yes, birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas etc. can be a serious problem BUT THEY ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT.

It's all down to the way we have been conditioned innit.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2017, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Duh!

Some of you men are such drama queens

Yes, birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas etc. can be a serious problem BUT THEY ARE NOT THAT IMPORTANT.

It's all down to the way we have been conditioned innit.

Rachel, you are getting to sound more like 'himself' every day!
I think special dates are important, but that's me.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

27-07-2017, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Rachel, you are getting to sound more like 'himself' every day!
I think special dates are important, but that's me.
We are conditioned by parents, society etc.

It's a given and I have always known that.

My late OH was disinterested in all that 'stuff' and I found it sad, because in my family we enjoyed birthdays etc. so I felt slightly miffed when he preferred to ignore it all.

I will continue to acknowledge special dates

They are important to me and I WILL remember people who have 'gone' ...
They have influenced/enriched my life and I respect them.

Thinking about them is not wrong nor is it morbid.

It would have been Stella's birthday on 24th (some of you knew her) and she has been in my thoughts.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
When things get tough and grind you down... do you ever feel like running away?
Between the ages of 12yrs and 16yrs I ran away quite a few times - always to the safe haven of my lovely Aunt Chriss. Always dragged back - a couple of times by the police but mostly by an irate father!

Not felt the need since then - don't allow things to reach the "grinding down" stage anymore.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 08:40 AM

Run away and leave my little grandchild behind? Are you madI could never do that

I do desire change though, but I don't class that as running away.
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 09:11 AM

I did once, I packed my case took my baby (as she was then) daughter and took a bus to the train station. Sat on the platform for an hour, but then went home again.

There were several times throughout an unhappy marriage that I desperately wanted to leave, but had two children and nowhere or no-one to go to, so stuck it out until he eventually left.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by CeeCee ->
I did once, I packed my case took my baby (as she was then) daughter and took a bus to the train station. Sat on the platform for an hour, but then went home again.

There were several times throughout an unhappy marriage that I desperately wanted to leave, but had two children and nowhere or no-one to go to, so stuck it out until he eventually left.
I sympathise with you CC! I did the same during my first marriage.

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top