Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 12:29 PM

Re: Are You Common If You Hang Your Washing Out On A Washing Line?

Another commoner here, I’ve never user a tumble drier in my life ..... everything goes on my washing line and I even put a spare shorter line up if it’s needed.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 12:48 PM

I hang mine out on my wonky rotary line, I have to balance sheets with my big knickers or it falls over!

I always finish things off with a hot tumble to get rid of haw haws and noo noos lurking in them. Plus it often saves ironing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I hang mine out on my wonky rotary line, I have to balance sheets with my big knickers or it falls over! ;)

I always finish things off with a hot tumble to get rid of haw haws and noo noos lurking in them. Plus it often saves ironing.
I can just imagine those guys whizzing around in the wind.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I can just imagine those guys whizzing around in the wind.
I'm thinking of hiring them out as barrage balloons in case of alien invasion.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I'm thinking of hiring them out as barrage balloons in case of alien invasion.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 03:01 PM

If you want your washing to smell clean & fresh, nothing does it better than sunshine & a summer breeze.
I used to have a washer/dryer, but hardly ever used it to dry things, so when I got a new washer I didn't bother getting a dryer. A year later I was glad because I saw a report on how many tumble dryers burst into flames when the owner is in bed or out at work.
For all those who use dryers, I know some are safe but a huge number have faults that can cause a fire, if you are not there to stop it..... and that info came from a bunch of experts in that field!

I think there is nothing common about hanging washing on a line in the garden... unless you are ashamed of the washing you hang there. Personally I much prefer to let the neighbours see my clean fresh washing, than the charred remains of my house !
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 04:02 PM

I must be common too
Unless it's raining or promising rain I hang it all on the line!

Well.... apart from me "comfy knickers".. I hang them discreetly over the side of the washing basket out of view!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 04:09 PM

Ever since we returned from Italy we've lived in apartments without balconies so we've always had a washing m/c and a drier. When we move into our bungalow in the next few weeks, it'll be a rotary washing line unless it's raining (drier if it is). Just think of the leccy we'll be saving by using the rotary line and saving the planet too!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Don't you get bird poo all over your sheets?
I don't hang sheets in the wind, the bird feeders hang about instead.
Next door has problems with Magpies though.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060786(1).jpg
Views:	57
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	13984   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1060782.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	13985  
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2020, 04:15 PM

Oh I love to see my fresh clean washing blowing in the breeze and it's so nice when I bring it in. I rarely use my tumble dryer only if its days of rain . The cost needs to be considered too . I knew a woman with a huge garden yet I never saw her washing on a line , summer winter it was dried in a dryer must have cost a fortune

Washing line any day for me

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top