Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 01:02 PM

Re: Queen and Bushfire Relief Concert

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Caught me on a grumpy day - Queen without Freddy is like Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham - an ageing tribute band vainly chasing past glories!!
I can't take Fleetwood Mac without Peter Green.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 02:15 PM

I loved Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac - brilliant blues-based band. Having said that, the Buckingham/Nicks version was a totally different band (despite having some original members) - a brilliant pop/rock band driven by Buckingham's genius.
Queen without Freddy, though is awful! Lambert just doesn't have it!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 04:21 PM

Thanks for the alternate link keezoy.

I love Queen almost as much as I love prog rock dinosaur that I am. Adam Lambert will do (just) as a replacement for the late great Freddie.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2020, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Caught me on a grumpy day - Queen without Freddy is like Fleetwood Mac without Lindsey Buckingham - an ageing tribute band vainly chasing past glories!!
Jeez all I can say is I hope your day improves mate. The video was not just about Queen. It is about the $10 million raised for the victims of the fires. There were about 20 other artists and groups performing on the day/ night. Many of them classic Australian rockers. I didn't post them because this being a UKcentric site, I thought there wouldn't be any interest. But you're right about Fleetwood Mac and PG. I always laugh when the boomers talk about Buckingham and Nicks like they were the Fleetwood Mac. In my first band we used to play covers of all the original FLM blues numbers. My favourites were Merry Go Round and Long Grey Mare.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 12:47 AM

Some true Aussie legends closed the show,anyway.
Never understood the love for Queen myself.I would have preferred AC/DC.But it was good of them to do it.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2020, 08:00 AM

I've seen Adam Lambert live and he is brilliant I think even Freddy would approve..I don't think 10 million dollars for a good cause is chasing past glories Mick....I expect they did it for the best of reasons.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top