Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 01:07 PM

Re: Is Family Christmas to be legally Wrecked?

As I have spent Christmas alone for the past few years, it will be business as usual for me and the dog. Sis is going to her son, who has moved. Whether she joins me for breakfast on the way, as she did last year, hasn’t been discussed yet.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Couldnt care less to be quite honest .
I hate Christmas with all its commercial crap and faux goodwill.
I am the same, the 25th December is just another day as far as I am concerned, yes we get together, only 4 of us, me, Son, Daughter & Daughter's partner & we exchange gifts, but only because it's what we have done for years. With no children in the family it isn't the same anyway.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 02:25 PM

Not sure what my Christmas will be like this year.... how can any of us know? Doubtless we will all make the best of it.... at least we'll try.

Jingle bells Batman smells
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 04:39 PM

Same here. The Lockdown gives me the excuse to politely decline various invitations to Christmas dinner. I like the peace and quiet, to be honest.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 04:51 PM

We normally hibernate. I'll cook breakfast - usually a good old English fry up. Then Val will cook Christmas lunch - roast chicken with all the trimmings and more, which we normally eat at around 4pm. Slice of Christmas cake at 9pm and that's it for another year.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 08:28 PM

Me too
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
We had our family Christmas last week, while we could. My son, Daughter and Grands came up for a long W/E. On Sunday we had a big Christmas Meal but with beef not turkey and were all to stuffed to move so we sat in the den watching DVDs and chatting. We exchanged Christmas gifts and had a lovely lazy day.
Come the actual day it will just be the two of us and weather permitting we will head off with the horses for a few hours and have a nice dinner at night. Sorted.

That's a really good idea. The powers that be have moved christmas twice over the centuries, so there is no reason why individuals and family groups cannot do the same.
I am not a christian, but to me a celebration of an event should be the act of celebrating it that counts, not when it happens, especially when the actual date (assuming it actually happened) isn't precisely known anyway.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
Not sure what my Christmas will be like this year.... how can any of us know? Doubtless we will all make the best of it.... at least we'll try.

I've been going to my daughter's future in-laws for two Christmases (Bet you 'Christmases' needs an apostrophe somewhere, but I don't know where). There's been 8 of us. That won't be the case this year, no matter if there aren't any restrictions. A couple of their relations are getting on somewhat and it's not worth the risk. I would imagine 'Mrs Future in Law' will be quite happy to take a breather this year.

I don't mind if I'm on my own. I'll feel a little lost perhaps but all in all I'll be fine. Don't have to be on my best behaviour
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->

I've been going to my daughter's future in-laws for two Christmases (Bet you 'Christmases' needs an apostrophe somewhere, but I don't know where). There's been 8 of us. That won't be the case this year, no matter if there aren't any restrictions. A couple of their relations are getting on somewhat and it's not worth the risk. I would imagine 'Mrs Future in Law' will be quite happy to take a breather this year.

I don't mind if I'm on my own. I'll feel a little lost perhaps but all in all I'll be fine. Don't have to be on my best behaviour

Tough times, Pesta.

Hope that you can "link In" via your mobiles, etc, and get together via picture links.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->

I remember that.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top