Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 11:05 PM

Re: Is Family Christmas to be legally Wrecked?

We plan to visit our daughter and grandchildren as normal.
It is allowed by cos we are providing child care arent we?
What is more caring than visiting one's family and providing for their emotional support.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2020, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I remember that.

Or my version . . .

Jingle Bells - Dongle smells.

Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2020, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Or my version . . .

Jingle Bells - Dongle smells.

Erm....

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 09:39 AM

Wrecked? No... But...

For several years now my kids have suggested Christmas at their place(s) in Canberra. Every year I have got quite excited by the idea of not having to put up Christmas decorations or get the bedrooms and barbie ready for Christmas.

Every year my hopes have been dashed as my kids and grandkids end up coming to my place even though they help me put up the gazebo and set the tables up in the garden for Christmas Day.

It has happened again this year they are all descending on me a few days before Christmas so it will be the same old same old.

I am not complaining because we always have a great time but it is like when my kids learned to drive, it was such a joy to be a passenger and being driven around after always having been the driver!

I just want someone else to be in charge of Christmas. Is that too much to ask?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Wrecked? No... But...

For several years now my kids have suggested Christmas at their place(s) in Canberra. Every year I have got quite excited by the idea of not having to put up Christmas decorations or get the bedrooms and barbie ready for Christmas.

Every year my hopes have been dashed as my kids and grandkids end up coming to my place even though they help me put up the gazebo and set the tables up in the garden for Christmas Day.

It has happened again this year they are all descending on me a few days before Christmas so it will be the same old same old.

I am not complaining because we always have a great time but it is like when my kids learned to drive, it was such a joy to be a passenger and being driven around after always having been the driver!

I just want someone else to be in charge of Christmas. Is that too much to ask?
Bruce, l think you’re brilliant to have and cater for your family at Christmas.
Many men and women shy away from it all when they get to a ‘certain age’. I suppose when they don’t come to you at Christmas, that’s the time to worry!
Cos it might mean.... you’re passed it!
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 06:27 PM

I wonder if anyone saw Joan Collins and her recommendation for dealing with Christmas in the present situation...... decorate your house now she said stood in front of her 6ft fully decorated Christmas tree.....maybe I will
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I wonder if anyone saw Joan Collins and her recommendation for dealing with Christmas in the present situation...... decorate your house now she said stood in front of her 6ft fully decorated Christmas tree.....maybe I will
That is the one area I have cut down on. Now I have a Christmas Tree slightly over a metre tall with it's lights built in, it takes only a couple of minutes to assemble.

A far cry from the good old days.

Oh gawd don't have any of that furniture left! Only used to use that room at Christmas, now it is a TV room

Anyway... Now it is just:

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2020, 11:54 PM

Last year, for the first time ever, I was invited out for Christmas. All my life I have cooked dinner for my son, so it was a lovely treat to be invited out for a change.

No point in making plans to be with them this Christmas though, incase it all has to be cancelled at the last minute.

We can't see into the future so don't know what this virus will like by late December, or even . . . if we'll still be here at all! . (How's that for a spot of morbidity. )

So this year I will more than likely stay here on my own.
My family have asked me over again, which is appreciated, but I will still get a small turkey incase it has to be cancelled and I am not prepared.

So best to just organise myself with the unpredictable present circumstances this year, then if we are allowed to go visiting, I will hopefully be able to see my son and his partner on Boxing day.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 12:36 AM

Not taking risks this year, it will be just the two of us.

I'll put my new tree up and a few decorations and buy a small turkey crown for dinner.

Depending what the situation will be like then, I expect my daughter, Sil and grandchildren will pay us a visit, even if it's just for a short chat from the garden gate.
Our son won't risk visiting from Wales until all is clear.

I do miss going to Cardiff every year to see the lights.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That is the one area I have cut down on. Now I have a Christmas Tree slightly over a metre tall with it's lights built in, it takes only a couple of minutes to assemble.

A far cry from the good old days.

Oh gawd don't have any of that furniture left! Only used to use that room at Christmas, now it is a TV room

Anyway... Now it is just:

Very clever Bruce

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top