Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 03:12 PM

Re: One Law for the Rich........!

No CEO should be imune from being removed from a job if they are incompetent. However I am sure that there are many talented business leaders doing a good job and creating wealth. If you reduced the salary of the person at the top and distributed that amongst the rest of the staff, I wonder how much difference that would really make?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
No CEO should be imune from being removed from a job if they are incompetent. However I am sure that there are many talented business leaders doing a good job and creating wealth. If you reduced the salary of the person at the top and distributed that amongst the rest of the staff, I wonder how much difference that would really make?
Well down here on NMW if my boss took less by about half we could (those who work manually) have approximately £10 an hour and the company would make profit and my boss would have a salary of about £80,000 a year. To me that sounds fairer than us on £6.50 and him on £200,000 and the business teetering on the edge all the time not paying their creditors on time and threatening to close twice last year alone.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 03:37 PM

Exactly Grumble - the whole capitalist system is rotten to the core, right down to the very people who were supposed to represent the working man - Union Bosses.

After hearing people like David Cameron's apparent desire for transparency in Government and so forth, I quite like this quotation: -

Democracy must be built through open societies that share information.
When there is information, there is enlightenment.
When there is debate, there are solutions.
When there is no sharing of power, no rule of law, no accountability, there is abuse, corruption, subjugation and indignation.

Perhaps He, and other party leaders might like to think on that. stevmk2
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 04:28 PM

The top jobs in any large organisation attract large salaries. If the people in those top positions are not up to the job, it does not mean that the salary is too high, it is the choice of person that is wrong and they should be replaced.

Of course there is injustice and unfair treatment, but it is for those people affected to fight their case on its merits.
Sorry to have to disagree, but I believe £500,000 pa is far too much money for someone to be paid in Public service, whoever they are.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 07:02 PM

Yes, nurses. Work hard. I'm afraid I feel more for the likes of nursing assistants. Nurses would be lost without them, yet they get paid near the bottom of the scale. Need to start at the bottom imo.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
Sorry to have to disagree, but I believe £500,000 pa is far too much money for someone to be paid in Public service, whoever they are.
Well, is it OK for a footballer or a 'musician' to earn that much? If it is, then do you value someone in public service less than them?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 07:40 PM

They don't deserve it either George
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
£500000 isn't a salary. Its a lottery win!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 07:52 PM

Well, is it OK for a footballer or a 'musician' to earn that much? If it is, then do you value someone in public service less than them?
A footballer is not paid for from our taxes so we cannot have a claim to have any say how much they should be paid. It is still an obscene amount especially when the man on the gate is probably on the minimum wage.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon

28-12-2014, 08:01 PM

I've yet to hear anyone actually admitting they get paid too much. Does anyine like that exist? I don't think they would admit it.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top