Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 08:53 AM

Re: One Law for the Rich........!

True that footballers etc. are not paid directly from our taxes, but they are paid by taxpayers. The cost of admission to a football match, concert etc.. can be very high for the 'man in the street'.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 09:10 AM

Looking at the disgraceful behaviour of some footballers and other earning these salaries I would suggest so much money for one person isn't even good for them, if they earned a more reasonable amount for their efforts they may not go so badly off the rails and may be better people for it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
True that footballers etc. are not paid directly from our taxes, but they are paid by taxpayers. The cost of admission to a football match, concert etc.. can be very high for the 'man in the street'.
A person has a choice of whether or not to contribute to the likes of Wayne Rooney's exorbitant wages but you don't have much choice about paying your taxes - unless of course you're very rich and put your savings into an offshore tax haven.
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Grumblewagon ->
Well, is it OK for a footballer or a 'musician' to earn that much? If it is, then do you value someone in public service less than them?
No it isn't ok GW and I think it is very sad that it is prohibitive for many people to attend football matches or see a live band these days, due to the exhorbitant cost.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 02:49 PM

Dl folks are forgetting that football started for the working class,
as works sides even the great Man U. the workingman can no longer afford to go.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
...I think it is very sad that it is prohibitive for many people to... ...see a live band these days, due to the exhorbitant cost.
If by live band is meant Rolling Stones or another well known band, then yes, the cost is exhorbitant.

Having said that, I regularly go to a place that has between 2 and 4 live bands playing, and it costs £1...They are all good as well, and I have never had a bad night there.

So, please, people, dont judge all books by the same cover!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 06:13 PM

I was going to do a quote and add my own comment but I can't find it to quote so, whoever came up with it, I agree that the Taxpayer should really have a say in the remuneration employees in the NHS and the whole Public Sector are paid and I would expand that to include the BBC.

There are far too many appointments made by Governments in the Public Sector that are decided on political grounds too - shouldn't happen in my opinion. stevmk2

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top