Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 01:31 PM

Upstairs Downstairs

I`m so unimpressed! Cardboard characters all being very angsty and acting in totally incomprehensible ways.
(An unaccompanied girl would not have wandered into the saloon bar in those days! And Ribbentrop and the Nazis were, at the time, quite `in` with the ruling classes. And Persephone would have got a good slap and been sent home.
Or did you like it?
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 03:20 PM

Re: Upstairs Downstairs

Very disappointed. Won't be watching tonight.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 03:23 PM

I didn't watch it so unable to comment
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 03:41 PM

I quite enjoyed it but then I am not really aware of the history of that time, had I been I would have been a bit peeved too, like you c&d. Was nice to see the old faces again and was easy to follow and I'll try to watch it tonight. Bring back Larkrise to Candleford I say!!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 05:04 PM

I enjoyed it so did my husband.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 05:27 PM

We watched and enjoyed the first episode last night (recorded) , but it didn`t have anything like the atmosphere of Downton. Perhaps it will improve but I do tend to think it was over hyped!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 10:01 PM

Very disappointed in this 3-part revival. Second episode was worse than the first and although I didn't turn it off I lost interest in the blackshirts and Moseley - It could have been a lot better - very boring, I thought.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 02:09 PM

I watched the third one. Was it meant to be a farce?
The butler delivering her ladyships son while the King abdicated! The death of the `university lecturer (!)` working as a skivvy so her mute child could act as the catalyst for the rediscovery of a disabled sister!. The chauffeur chucking the Lady Persephone out of his bed, passing her on to Ribbentrop then her storming off to join Hitler in Berlin! And I`d be fascinated to know how Cecil Beaton photoshopped his photos in the days of chemical processing.
What a Penny Dreadful.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

29-12-2010, 07:24 PM

I was looking forward to it and then I missed it. Was going to try and catch up on iPlayer but after reading all your comments maybe I shan't bother.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
I`m so unimpressed! Cardboard characters all being very angsty and acting in totally incomprehensible ways.
(An unaccompanied girl would not have wandered into the saloon bar in those days! And Ribbentrop and the Nazis were, at the time, quite `in` with the ruling classes. And Persephone would have got a good slap and been sent home.
Or did you like it?
I was very disappointed too , there were so many anomalies which destroyed the credibity of the story for me .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top