Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 09:03 AM

Bank Holiday Tuesday!!!

Good morning everyone

Well, witht the thaw well and truely set in and most of the ice and frost gone are we going to have a few days of warmer weather so that we can have some more pleasent walks without freezing your extreemities off?

Nothing planned today except to ask the question, Why are they calling today a Bank holiday? Is it just another excuse for the lazy Brits to have a day off work?
The sooner they stop paying people for not being at work the sooner this country will become great again. This generation of British workers must be the laziest on the planet.

Sorry, rant over but I do think they are lazy.

Have a great day everyone whatever you do but please spare a thought for those less fortunate than you.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 09:23 AM

Re: Bank Holiday Tuesday!!!

Here I sit, barely after midnight, ordering camera goodies online. I know bunches of people who are literally afraid to order anything online. I've been doing it for years with not one single problem. I only shop with reputable vendors that have been around a very long time. LOL It's too easy to spend money.

It's been pouring rain for days. each storm starts its journey across the country to become a huge snowstorm in the Midwest or Eastern Seaboard. Then I get to watch it on the news, The Great Blizzard of 2010, knowing that it all starts here.

It's senior Tuesday at McDonald's for me. It's the one day a week I know I'll be heading out for social contact with humanity. We'll all sit in our preordained seats at the group's corner booth and exchange lies. LOL I love it!

Have a great day all and stay dry & warm!!!
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 09:29 AM

I believe the UK has less public holidays than most so the more the merrier I say!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 10:00 AM

Good Morning AB, Bob, DS and Everyone and hope you all enjoy your day.

At one time, AB, up here in Scotland, we only got Xmas Day and Boxing Day and when it fell at the weekend, we never got compensated for it and had to go into work on the Monday!! We did, however, get an extra day at Ne'erdy, though! When I was working, I would stop work on the Xmas Eve and was off then until about 7 January! We had to keep 3 days of our annual entitlement days and we would get 4 days given to us! I enjoyed my holidays then but not so much now as it isn't anything different - I feel I am on holiday every day! When I was a wee girl, my Dad never even got Xmas off - but did get 2 days off at Ne'erdy. Scotland always celebrated The Bells!!

Hope you all enjoy a snow free day - great to see the rain on again, even although it is taking its time in clearing our snow, which is still lying on the pavements and grassed areas.

Take care all and stay safe.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 03:05 PM

It's back to the rain here but at least it isn't so cold now.

Nothing special planned for today except the usual house chores.

Have a great day!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 05:22 PM

Sunny but continues cold and very blustery; 0 C (31 F), wind chill minus 6; I''m really tired of the subnormal temps. December is the coldest in 10 years. No news, haven't been outside in days except to put out the rubbish and fill the bird feeder.

Bob, thanks for that snowstorm that paralyzed a lot of the East Coast! I too have ordered on line for years with no problems and love the convenience of avoiding the hassle of crowded malls and having everything delivered to your door.

Hope your thaw continues; we may warm up a bit by the weekend ......
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 10:58 PM

Busy day today.....my Brother and family went home this morning. They have been here since Sunday-took me ages to clear up after them-looked like a whirlwind had been through every room-love them dearly, but they are so untidy. Then took some shopping over to one of my Sisters-all family in bed with flu-knocked on door, left shopping and did a runner-don't want to catch that!

On way home called in garage-needed 2 new tyres. Home and put a load of washing in and washing machine 'gave up the ghost'-will be looking for a new one tomorrow-can't wait to do that!!!!! Then this evening noticed heating had gone off-boiler was showing 'lock out'-spent the last 40 mins onto Insurance Company explaining no heating/hot water-they talked me through various steps and thankfully boiler kicked in......all I can say is 'oh happy day' and keep smiling.....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 11:06 PM

Oh so glad you managed to get the boiler working; this is no weather to be without heat and hot water!! Scarey!! Good luck finding a new washer.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Oh so glad you managed to get the boiler working; this is no weather to be without heat and hot water!! Scarey!! Good luck finding a new washer.
So am I Dandysmom-luckily milder tonight, so would have been ok until tomorrow. Would have been rather cold if it had been last week with no heating.

Won't be looking round lots of shops for washers-going to my local one, who are very good-will deliver in couple of days, plumb it in for me and take my old one away....good service

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top