Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

29-12-2010, 07:17 PM

Re: What is

Love is different things to different people.

Love is .............caring for someone you know is not going to be around for many more weeks.

Love is ................forgiving little mistakes your friends and family make.

Love is ...................being able to sit in complete silence with your partner for hours without feeling uncomfortable.

And love of our children is absolutely unconditional.

Like I said, love is many different things to different people.

merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 10:40 PM

Love for me is an emotion that comes straight from the heart and is selfless, profound and unconditional.

I love my family dearly-Brother, Sisters, Nieces, Nephews and would go to the ends of the earth if any of them needed me to and I know they would do the same for me.

Same for the few close friends I have as well. Always loved every one of the dogs I have owned-they give you unconditional love.

Despite all the shortcomings in the world, without love it would be a far worse place to be in........
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2010, 08:37 AM

It has been great reading all your opinions of 'Love'.

'Love' is a four letter word which does not have a singular meaning, it means so many different things to different people.

One of the main parts of love in my opinion is Never having to say sorry to your loved ones, but in all 'Love' is what you make it.

A thought, word, action, a memory it does not matter what, as long as it comes truely from the heart.

Thank you for you opinions and time.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2010, 09:25 AM

I suppose love is a very individual thing and experienced differently by people. I couldn't for instance imagine loving an animal as one would love a person, but obviously people do!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2010, 05:53 PM

I'm sorry that you've never experienced that bond, DS.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2010, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I'm sorry that you've never experienced that bond, DS.
I don't see it as a regret, I have had loads of animals over the past 60 years, but they were possessions not 'friends'. Obviously animals should be well cared for and not ill treated, but they are not humans and to treat them as if they are, as some do, is not to respect their particular species.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2010, 09:38 PM

DS, you tend to get more from Gods creatures when you treat them as equal. Are'nt we all created from one source?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2010, 10:16 PM

I love my parrots but especially love my dog, Loki. She never complains when she gets her medication - she opens her mouth for me to pop them down her mouth. She gives me back loads of love.

I have enjoyed reading all the response to your post, AB, especially Oldgit's - true love was in his response, as in everyone's response!

Love means a lot of different things to different people.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2010, 11:46 PM

I don't think that love is simply something you can feel for another human. Do you not think love is much more than that? I am not just thinking of sexual or sentimental love here between humans, but something much more trancending and fundamental to our well-being; something which has a profound influence on how we see the world we share.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
Love?

Seriously folks, what is your opinion of LOVE?
Love is putting the needs and wellbeing of another person/animal before those of yourself .

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top