Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 09:25 AM

Re: What is

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
DS, you tend to get more from Gods creatures when you treat them as equal. Are'nt we all created from one source?
For a start I would dispute the idea that a deity created anything. I think humans as a species are superior to other animals and not equal.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 11:05 AM

Depends in what way you consider us to be superior DS. I would prefer to say different, but just as valid. Some things an animal can do would be impossible for a human and in their own environment some would be considered superior. Horses for courses and all that.

As for a deity - well I believe that is a concept of humans - who or what really knows ?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 11:19 AM

DS, we are all entitled to our opinions it would not be good for everyone to be the same but as for Humans being superior, humans kill other species and call it sport, Animals (other than human) kill only to survive.

Humans inflict pain and desease on other creatures in the name of science, if this is a superior animal then I want to come back as the lowest of the low.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
DS, we are all entitled to our opinions it would not be good for everyone to be the same but as for Humans being superior, humans kill other species and call it sport, Animals (other than human) kill only to survive.

Humans inflict pain and desease on other creatures in the name of science, if this is a superior animal then I want to come back as the lowest of the low.
I must concur AB, man is only superior to animals in his cruelty and arrogance.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Have you ever seen a cat playing with a mouse before it kills it, and not to eat either?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
Have you ever seen a cat playing with a mouse before it kills it, and not to eat either?
Many times DS and it does appear cruel, but what a cat does is opportunistic and instinctive, unlike humanbeings whose inventive methods of torture and cruelty are often pre-meditated, sophisticated and staggering in the scale of destruction and suffering inflicted.
When a cat apparently plays with a mouse before killing it what it is really doing is practicing/honing its hunting skills so it will survive. A notch further up and a lion pack will deliberately cut out a prey animal, slow it down a bit and then let the youngsters practice their skills. Cruel maybe in our eyes, but simply survival really.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 03:28 PM

Would the cat eat it if it was hungry do you suppose?
Dancingsky
None

31-12-2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
Would the cat eat it if it was hungry do you suppose?
The cat kills for fun when it is well fed!
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 04:00 PM

We've been here before haven't we DS, on other threads? You have every right to believe in whatever you chose but please don't again upset the very same people who befriended you when you returned with an apology for doing the exact same thing you are doing now.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

31-12-2010, 04:36 PM

The cat kills for fun when it is well fed!
As a fox kills everything in the whole chicken coop, this is instinct rather than cruelty. My point was that the cat would eat the mouse if it had not been fed by man. I believe that only man enjoys his cruelty, which has no other motive other than his pleasure.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top