Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 04:51 PM

Re: What is

Originally Posted by maryl ->
We've been here before haven't we DS, on other threads? You have every right to believe in whatever you chose but please don't again upset the very same people who befriended you when you returned with an apology for doing the exact same thing you are doing now.
Why is stating a fact of nature upsetting? A cat will play with a mouse until it tires of the game, and then will kill it and leave it on the path! I apologised for making personal remarks to posters who are besotted by animals, I don't apologise for not being sentimental about the creatures. If you don't like what I have to say I suggest you just ignore my posts, it is as simple as that!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dancingsky ->
The cat kills for fun when it is well fed!
In case you might not have noticed what I posted DS, I repeat:-

"When a cat apparently plays with a mouse before killing it what it is really doing is practicing/honing its hunting skills so it will survive. A notch further up and a lion pack will deliberately cut out a prey animal, slow it down a bit and then let the youngsters practice their skills. Cruel maybe in our eyes, but simply survival really."

I don't think fun has anything to do with it at all - it is something a cat will do with serious intent. It's survival could depend on its skill as a hunter.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-12-2010, 11:27 PM

Aerolor has described perfectly, nothing I can add. Mother cats will bring their kittens a slightly disabled mouse for them to learn how to kill; simply the nature of the beast. Life in the wild doesn't come with tins of food or packets of dry. Agriculture would have gotten off to a much slower start without cats to kill off the vermin ... and teach their kittens how.

DS, I still cannot get my head around what you said in another post: that you considered your animals "possessions"
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2011, 03:13 PM

DS, I still cannot get my head around what you said in another post: that you considered your animals "possessions"

For Dandysmom.
I'm sure my dogs have always considered that I am their possession

Could be a subject for a new thread
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2011, 05:56 PM

LOL, whereas, cats think of us as their staff!
gateau
central queensland
gateau is male  gateau has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2011, 09:47 PM

AT 72 swinging from a chandelier with a cool type granny screaming take me baby i don't care if i do die.yahoooooooooo
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2011, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by gateau ->
AT 72 swinging from a chandelier with a cool type granny screaming take me baby i don't care if i do die.yahoooooooooo
Thanks for the descriptive way of bringing us back on topic Gateau - you little devil you
gateau
central queensland
gateau is male  gateau has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2011, 10:11 PM

Aerolor, that what love is funand it does make the world go round, if you listen carefully once the lights have gone out you will here them.
O ahh O ya don't stop it, take me quick and a hundred million bed heads belting against the wall.

Don't you just love it all.

O and by the way i have a beaut imagination
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA

01-01-2011, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
Thanks for the descriptive way of bringing us back on topic Gateau - you little devil you
I don't think we've been off topic, which is love; we're discussing love (or lack of it) for our animal companions .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK

01-01-2011, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
I don't think we've been off topic, which is love; we're discussing love (or lack of it) for our animal companions .
I did think I had wandered off topic a bit with my response to DS about cats and killing Dandysmom. I hope she responds to the point you raised about animals being considered possessions - I was not trying to make light of your query.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top