Join for free
Page 560 of 754 « First < 60 460 510 550 558 559 560 561 562 570 610 660 > Last »
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 05:03 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good afternoon all. It was great to get to the hairdresser this morning. I've kept it a bit longer than before but it's amazing how much lighter it feels. i suppose it's more to do with 'thinning' it out (I'm obviously no expert in hairdressing matters!). My brother has been looking at places with outdoor seating where we could meet for lunch & says everything is booked up. Washing line dried today but it did start to rain a wee while ago. Hope May is OK. I know she has said she gets a bit fed up with some of the rubbish on forums. It is dispiriting at times. It would be lovely to have an intelligent sharing of opinions, whether we agree or not, but that seems difficult for some. Take care & enjoy your evening.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 05:22 PM

Beki I'm getting mine cut tomorrow. Not sure about the length when she cuts it. I've got used to putting inn a hair clip. Morrisons have a few tables outside but it doesn't appeal to me. There was a heavy shower when I was out earlier and everybody was taking shelter.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 06:57 PM

Evening, Not a bad day weather wise so spent most of it outside tidying up. I must have missed a couple of wee tiny potatoes in my big tattie tub last autumn when I lifted them. There's several potato plants coming up. Well on too, so they are lol. Just finished my dinner of cheese and macaroni, now too full to move, so it's an evening in front of the telly.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 09:42 PM

Hi Roxy. My niece has been growing veg and tomatoes she did mention potatoes last week. Going away tomorrow for a few days with my niece and her family. Be back on Monday.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 09:53 PM

Have a good time Jess.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

18-07-2020, 03:48 PM

Afternoon All, Bright n sunny here but that winds a blooming pest, but I shouldn't moan as it's drying all the washing on the ropes.
Decided to stop using the bird feeding station and moved all the feeders across the garden and hung them in the tree. The pigeons are a pest, they've been at the base of the feeding station for months, pecking and raking through for dropped seeds ect. They've chewed up all my bark pieces and the weeds are coming up again. Tomorrow will have to go to the garden centre and get more, they are sooo heavy to move in those big bags too. But hopefully the pigeons will stop now the feeders have moved.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2020, 06:44 PM

Good evening all. It has been warm & sunny most of the day. A wee bit of wind now but it wasn't blowing my hair in my eyes earlier. Mostly because I managed to have it cut on Thursday! I spent a few hours in the garden, meant to have a shower when I came indoors & I'm still sitting here thinking about it. I hope Jess has a lovely weekend & that May is OK. Roxy, I don't fill feeders until the winter as I think birds should be able to find enough food in other seasons. It's also encourages the squirrels and they are pests & very destructive if they get into your house. Have a nice evening.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

18-07-2020, 08:22 PM

I only used to feed them in the winter as well, but this year as I was about to remove the feeders I saw several parent birds feeding their young ones from them. I ended up leaving them. May just remove them now though for a few months.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland

19-07-2020, 07:41 PM

Good evening Roxy & anyone who looks in. It has been a lovely warm day. Clouds appearing now & again but the rain stayed away. I was out visiting this afternoon so haven't been working in the garden. I really need to get into the habit of the on line exercise classes as I feel seriously out of condition. I'm stiffening up and have definitely put on weight. No excuses the exercise starts tomorrow. How are you all managing to keep fit? Take care.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

19-07-2020, 11:02 PM

Evening Beki, A nice enough day here too but I've not been in the mood for doing anything apart from walking the dog. Just couldn't get myself in gear at all. I've also put on weight and am getting stiff again, I swam between 40 n 50 lengths of our local pool Mon to Fri for the past ten years, I miss it like mad, but to be honest I feel a bit wary about going back again when and if they ever reopen. I also miss my Linedance classes, I taught 8 classes a week for years, but my knees got too sore.
Ah well, tomorrow's the start of another week, they are fair rushing in.

Page 560 of 754 « First < 60 460 510 550 558 559 560 561 562 570 610 660 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top