Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 08:56 PM

Re: Happy Nails

I always wear nail varnish, do them myself . vary the colours according to season.
As we are now in Winter wear dark colours, come Spring and Summer will wear lighter colours.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:56 PM

I use Shellac, really nice.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:41 AM

I occasionally have a professional manicure - but am blessed with very strong nails. Could grow them as long as I liked - so have never had to resort to false ones. I use nail varnish sometimes - usually the paler pinks or pastel ones depending on what I am wearing. Don't like the blood reds or black.

One of my friends has very weak nails - she sometimes wears acrylic ones for parties and has had some very pretty ones.

I don't like the fashion for having square nails with white tips - think it just looks ugly.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I dont ever get my nails done at a salon but I do have lots of nail lacquers that I love putting on now and then ..I love to see my nails when theyve been painted a lovely colour,I like to mix the colour to suit my mood...The natural corals and soft mushroom colours look lovely.
I used to favour a blue colour but my husband always said with my pale skin I looked like death had come early didn't stop me I loved that colour.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I occasionally have a professional manicure - but am blessed with very strong nails. Could grow them as long as I liked - so have never had to resort to false ones. I use nail varnish sometimes - usually the paler pinks or pastel ones depending on what I am wearing. Don't like the blood reds or black.

One of my friends has very weak nails - she sometimes wears acrylic ones for parties and has had some very pretty ones.

I don't like the fashion for having square nails with white tips - think it just looks ugly.
I am also fortunate that I have good shaped nails that grow the same as in the picture below. Do you get people saying "you can't do much housework" because our nails always look nice !

I do like the beige/mink shades shades

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:33 AM

Well I used to have nice nails always coloured nicely and do a cleaning job or 3 at the time, never had a problem working with them. Only reason I stopped doing them was my shaky hands made painting them a mess, I did go to a salon once but they had same problem as I did with my hands.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 10:39 AM

I also have never had to wear false nails. Mine are so strong.
I often have to get someone to cut my big toe nail as its is
like a solid rock. I have to use dog clippers on my toe nails
as scissors as not good enough

I do like some nail polish sometimes.

About weak nails. My solution would be to wear rubber
gloves when washing up as detergents don't do them any good.

Also you need to put some olive oil on them at least once
a week. Leave it on for about half an hour if you can then
wash them clean. This strengthens them. Also another
thing good for nails is Jelly. If you get a jelly. Eat one
of the pieces a day for about a month and you will find
the nails strength comes to them. Don't know what it
has in it that does this but worth a try if you fancy long
or stronger nails.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->

About weak nails. My solution would be to wear rubber
gloves when washing up as detergents don't do them any good.
My friend never washes anything! Things go into the dish washer, or the washing machine, or - even better - her husband does it ! Actually he has rather neat nails.

Also you need to put some olive oil on them at least once
a week. Leave it on for about half an hour if you can then wash them clean. This strengthens them. Also another thing good for nails is Jelly. If you get a jelly. Eat one of the pieces a day for about a month and you will find the nails strength comes to them. Don't know what it has in it that does this but worth a try if you fancy long or stronger nails.
Sounds good - I will pass that advice on. Thank you.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2015, 07:52 PM

Nylons were not as cheap or plentiful as they are now and laddered if you looked at them. Nor did we have as many pairs as we do today

It was a gasp of dismay and a sinking heart at that well known ladder run sensation (usually caused by suspenders) just as you were due to go out that had you reaching for your clear nail varnish (pink if you were pushed). And it did the job perfectly. Still the best method today,

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top