Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 12:56 PM

Re: Just home from Sharm el Sheik.

Glad to hear that you got back safely Maursey, such a shame that your holiday was spoilt in such a way.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Fab story from you Mausey. It was lovely to read it and the
way you did was great. Brought all the emotion and joy out.
I had tears in my eyes for you at the end.
Sad times when your holiday is spoilt in such a way.

I feel really sad for the good people who work hard at these
resorts and have their lives broken by the idiots who promote
war.

Welcome back Mausey and next time you go on holidays always
take double the tablets you need just in case.
I would have been bitten with the mozzies too. They look at
me like people look at a piece of steak
That's my feeling, too. Those poor people have had their tourist industry decimated in recent years, what with one thing and another, and this will rob many locals of their livelihood.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 01:11 PM

Sorry to hear of the worry while on Your holiday Maursey,but You and Yours are home safe and that's all that matters,x
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 01:55 PM

Glad to know you are home safe and sound. One of our neighbours had to leave Sharm very suddenly the last time there were problems, two years ago now I think, maybe a little more. Keep an eye on that mosquito bite, they can be "funny" things.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2015, 06:36 PM

Thank you all so very much for your kind messages.

Bowie Eyes a special thank you.

Yes it really was so very sad as the Egyptians were such lovely friendly funny people. We had such a laugh with them and they are such great workers. Our rooms were spotless each day. They even tidied little things like my shoes and made lovely shapes with the towels of birds etc and sat them on our beds.
The waiters topped our drinks as soon as it was looking empty and we had laughs as they mimicked some of our sayings.
Funnily enough though they don't seem to like the Russians but they love us.

Now they will have to close up as no one will be going there. Hopefully it won't be too long before it's all sorted out and they are back in business.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top