Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2010, 07:47 AM

Boxing day Sunday

Good morning everyone, I hope that you all had a great Christmas and that your hangover is not creating to many problems.

It is a day for relaxing and re-charging the batteries, just chilling out and watching the world go by.

If you go to the Sales remember that just because it is Boxing Day does'nt mean that you have to fight your way through them.

Have a wonderful day everyone, did you remember about those who are less fortunate than you?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2010, 12:27 PM

Re: Boxing day Sunday

Good Morning AB and Everyone and hope each of you enjoyed your Xmas Day and will enjoy Boxing Day as well.

Hope you all stay safe and take care when going out - it was snowing hered again a wee while ago! Not much but enough to cover the already slippery drives and pavements!

Hugs from me and the weans
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2010, 12:46 PM

Good morning everyone!

I hope you all had a lovely day and enjoyed your Christmas fare.
We went to our daughter's for the day, good food, games with the children ....... a nice glass of Bailey's (my Christmas treat!). Unfortunately SIL appears to be going down with a cold/flu as he was sneezing and shivery all day. Thank goodness we've had our flu jab!

Spending a quiet day in today, I'm not one for fighting through the throngs of people at the Boxing Day sales ...... just imagine queuing up for hours in this cold weather waiting for the doors to open!!! Brrrrr.... no thanks!

Hope you all have a happy, warm and safe day...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2010, 01:54 PM

One of my neighbours, a taxi driver, was telling me he was working last night in the centre of Dublin and spotted a large queue outside one of the big stores waiting for them to open this morning. What kind of nuts do this thing in weather like this?, even if they were giving the stuff away for free I wouldn't do it. I thought this was a thing of the past.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

26-12-2010, 04:54 PM

I hope everyone had a lovely day yesterday. Now have a lazy and relaxing one today.

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-12-2010, 05:32 PM

Hope all had a lovely Christmas! Bitterly cold: minus 4 (26 F), wind chill minus 9, blustery winds and just waiting for the predicted snow. A huge storm barreling up the coast, we are supposed to get 3 - 5" here but New York and Boston expecting heavy falls and blizzard conditions. Chance of snow 100%! Bah! Slept in, out to rescue the paper (bird feeder is full), plan to be indoors probably until Tuesday. Plenty of food left over from yesterday ... chicken sandwiches and soup stock from the carcass. Had a quiet day with just me, but nice. Will Monday be a holiday as Boxing Day is today?
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Hope all had a lovely Christmas! Bitterly cold: minus 4 (26 F), wind chill minus 9, blustery winds and just waiting for the predicted snow. A huge storm barreling up the coast, we are supposed to get 3 - 5" here but New York and Boston expecting heavy falls and blizzard conditions. Chance of snow 100%! Bah! Slept in, out to rescue the paper (bird feeder is full), plan to be indoors probably until Tuesday. Plenty of food left over from yesterday ... chicken sandwiches and soup stock from the carcass. Had a quiet day with just me, but nice. Will Monday be a holiday as Boxing Day is today?
Monday and Tuesday are holidays as both Christmas Day and Boxing day were on a Saturday and Sunday.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 11:17 PM

Oh lucky you! Here if a Legal Holiday falls on Saturday, that's it; on Sunday, it's observed on Monday. And we don't get Boxing Day ..... that never caught on here.....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top