Join for free
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 10:28 AM

Wet Monday

Good Morning All and hope you all have had a lovely day yesterday and will enjoy another good relaxing day today.

It's raining up here - hoorah - not hard enough though to take the horrid snow and ice off the pavements but the road is clear now - it is supposed to be light rain today and tomorrow and I hope it is! I won't complain of the rain again!

Take care all and enjoy another relaxing day - if you can.

Hugs to all.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 11:04 AM

Re: Wet Monday

Good morning all! It would seem that I'm still hung over from staying up late on Christmas day. Here I sit in my unwrapped state surfing my favorite web sites. It's 2 a.m. here on the west coast and I can't sleep. It might have a lot to do with the 2 hour nap I took before actually going to bed last night. LOL

I had to look up the British day after Christmas Box Day to find out what it was all about. Here in the states we don't have a name for the madness that represents that day. I actually got out and returned a music cd to the store where my friend bought it. I'd already purchased that exact album weeks earlier. I even recorded a copy of that same album on a Christmas cd I gave her. LOL

There's some dreadful weather hitting the East coast of the United States right now. A severe blizzard is shutting down airlines all over the country. Travelers are standed after the holiday. It's only raining lightly here in Oregon on the West coast. I'm as snug as a bug in my little apartment. I'm sure Ill venture out for a social bit of breakfast at McDonald's this morning. It seems I have this gift card for McDonald's to help me out.
Joan
Queensland Australia
Joan is female  Joan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 12:44 PM

Rain rain rain here in South East Queensland, Australia. It has rained off and on for months, though we had a deadly drought until a couple of years ago or less.
I was ankle deep in soggy mud when I went down my garden to feed the chickens this morning. I know we wanted rain during all those years of drought but enough is enough. The humidity is at 93%.
I think I'm growing gills....
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 12:46 PM

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.

We had a lovely time our eldest daughter made us so welcome and and it was good to see our youngest daughter and family on Boxing Day. I had some great pressies carefully selected to appeal to my quirky nature! We arrived home this morning, the house seems to have survived our absence no burst pipes thank goodness, and we still have sufficient oil in the tank hopefully to last until they can get down here with the tanker. It is raining at present so no doubt that will hasten the thaw.

A slightly sour note was that our daughter's neighbour backed into the boot of my parked car on Christmas Eve. The damage isn't great but I will probably need a new boot! He was more than apologetic, and admitted it was all his fault, and his insurance company will sort it all out. I have left our daughter to liaise with him over this as I am not used to handling things of that nature.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Hello everyone!

At last we are above freezing point here and the last traces of snow are quickly disappearing. This time last year I had bulbs pushing their way up through the soil in the garden - no trace of them this year yet.

I went out for a short stretch earlier, it was good to get a bit of fresh air after being cooped up with central heating all weekend.

I hope everyone has a good day....
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Joan ->
Rain rain rain here in South East Queensland, Australia. It has rained off and on for months, though we had a deadly drought until a couple of years ago or less.
I was ankle deep in soggy mud when I went down my garden to feed the chickens this morning. I know we wanted rain during all those years of drought but enough is enough. The humidity is at 93%.
I think I'm growing gills....
I certainly know what you mean. In the Pacific Northwest of America it rains 8 out of 12 months a year. Then, like magic, it stops the first week in July and is beautiful for the next four. The one thing we don't have is high humidity. That happens on the other coast in South Carolina where I lived for 13 years. They too have had a drought for years. I love my weather actually because the reward is abundantly clear and clean water and air. It's like living in the Garden of Paradise without the humidity. I pray it never gets poluted like other parts of the United States.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 05:25 PM

Hi Everyone

Did you get any black eyes from your visits to the Boxing day sales or did you just get a bargin?

The thaw has started in ernest which has given a friends neighbour a headache.

She came back from holiday this morning, 4:00am to find a small leak in a radiator so my friend called me out to help.
I got there only to find that the lady had been away for a month and had not left any heating on. As the morning wore on the small leak turned into three samll leaks in three radiators. now, after a lot of hard work,meals provided, I can relax and enjoy the day.

Why do people think they are saving money by leaving the heating off?

Heating systems work more efficiently when running continuously. We turn our heating on on the 1st November and turn it off on the 30th April. The thermostat is set low to cover any unexpected frost and turned up higher if required.

Having heating turning on and off with a programmer is like boiling a kettle of water for it can cool down so that it can be boiled again.

The roads are getting free of snow and ice so travel is a bit back to normal.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2010, 05:39 PM

Hi, all. We escaped the big storm here, it went further out to sea so we only got a dusting, but New York and New England got clobbered with snow ... 2 feet in some places! Presently sunny, very cold: minus 4, (25 F). minis 11 wind chill and howling winds.... gusts to 47 mph. Definitely a day to stay inside. No news, just pottering; did an extra online grocery order for Wednesday so I won't have to go out in this.

Hope all are well and having a good day.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top