Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2010, 11:31 PM

What is

Love?

Seriously folks, what is your opinion of LOVE?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 02:40 AM

Re: What is

Can you narrow that down a bit, AB? The feeling for your OH, your children, your animal companions, your close friends? It's a word encompassing many different feelings in different contexts.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
Can you narrow that down a bit, AB? The feeling for your OH, your children, your animal companions, your close friends? It's a word encompassing many different feelings in different contexts.
You have just stated your version of what Love is Eileen.
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 11:25 AM

Love is a rather nebulous feeling where I am concerned it comes and goes. I love my children and grandchildren, I would die for them if I had to, but I am not besotted by them. If any of them sadly died before me, I would be very sorry but as far as I am concerned that would be the end of that chapter. I have never done grief. I loved my maternal grandmother to pieces, we got on well, but when she died in 1980 that was that, I didn't shed a tear.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 12:48 PM

Well, I had a science teacher at the high school, who told us all that love was two in a bed trying to make three!!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 01:32 PM

Love was the look in Jenny`s eyes the last time I saw her alive. She knew she was not well but was confident she would get better.

Love was the tears I shed three days later in the Chapel of Rest at Addenbroooke`s as I stroked her hair and kissed her goodbye.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 01:59 PM

Love is what makes life worth living.
I love my wife, I love my family, I love my dogs, I love my friends and take great pleasure from knowing that they are or have been part of my world and have added so much quality to my life.
Being "in love" is what makes life exciting. I feel incredibly fortunate that after meeting 18 years ago and falling head over heels instantly, after 17 years of marriage, we are both still as much "in love" with each other as we were at the beginning (much to the kids' embarrassment). We've been through so much together (serious illness etc) and have achieved so much together that our relationship still seems to deepen daily.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 02:26 PM

I suppose it effects everyone differently, When you love another person all their faults vanish and you feel completely relaxed in their company. You can express your feelings freely without being nervous or shy, and vice-versa.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 03:17 PM

Love is...always having to say you`re sorry...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 04:16 PM

Love is what makes you the person you are.

I love my family dearly, my husband, children and their partners and grandchildren. They say there is no greater love than between a mother and her child, that is so true in my case and I would do anything for them.

Love is seeing beyond and and accepting people for how they are. Love is the comfort you offer to someone close who is ill ........... love gives you a warm feeling.

Love must be difficult to describe if one has never experienced it

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top