Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 08:06 AM

back to normal Wednesday

Good morning everyone

Shopping planned for today first since last week and I may even buy myself some new electronic gadget, I feel like having something new to play with.

Must remember to phone my sister in NZ, it is her birthday .

Spare a thought for the Emperor Penquin who has to spend the time on his own looking after an egg/Chick, go without food for 125 days, if he is lucky and endure those icy conditions.

Have a lovely day everyone and spare a thought for the homeless and those who are on their own.

Thinking of those who are on their own, how would you manage if you were totally alone, with no relatives or friends?
Dancingsky
None
Dancingsky is female  Dancingsky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 09:20 AM

Re: back to normal Wednesday

It is good to be back to normal, I will take the decorations down in the next couple of days, I cannot abide them around into the New Year!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 12:47 PM

Good Morning AB, DS and Everyone and hope you all enjoy your day

Ne'erdy next celebrations - up in Scotland anyway I always loved Hogmonay and we all enjoyed ourselves - no drunks or anything when I was a wee girl. Having our steak pie dinner at midnight - outside door and windows open to let the old year out and the new year in. Then going to our neighbours below us, Dad going first as he was tall with dark hair, with shortbread, black bun (or clootie dumpling) and a drink or two and a tub of salt and a bit of black coal for guid luck! We would all end up back in my house and danced to Jimmy Shand and his band until about 8 am in the morning - and no one was drunk! Mum wouldn't allow that!! Sad to say, most of the old traditions are gone but they are not forgotten! I always prefered Ne'erdy to Xmas! Dad got two days holidays at Ne'erdy - none at Xmas!!

Enjoy your day all and take care and stay safe.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 01:42 PM

It's good to see folk out and about again after the cold spell, the only downside is that there were quite a few of them coughing and spluttering with colds etc.

My Christmas decorations will be staying up a while longer, New Year's day is a family get-together here and I will be cooking a turkey dinner for all.

Enjoy you day!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 05:53 PM

Woo hoo, the thaw is here! It was above freezing when I got up this morning: 3 C (38 F), sun and no wind chill; first time in 11 days above freezing; We made 8 C yesterday and will do so again today; such a relief! December has averaged 7 degrees F below normal, worst in 10 years. Had a grocery delivery this morning so no need to shop.

Brandykins, loved that story about the celebration when you were a girl.
AB, new electronic gadget? If you enjoy reading, look into a Kindle, I love mine!
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

29-12-2010, 07:05 PM

Evening all..................its nice to get back to some kind of normality. But I'm not finished yet either. I'm having the whole family here on New Years Day for dinner. That should be entertaining.
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 08:44 PM

I've never had a 'normal' day in my life!!!

June x
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2010, 10:05 PM

That's good news for you Dandysmom.......

AB I am fortunate to have relatives and a few good friends, but if I had none, I would manage perfectly well...I enjoy and am happy with my own company.....

Mission accomplished today-new washing machine being delivered tomorrow morning-free delivery, free plumbing in and free taking away my old one! This afternoon my friend picked me up and we went to check out the road to the reservoirs for a walk-perfectly clear. It was good to be out in the fresh air again and the dogs really enjoyed themselves.....freedom again-wonderful!!!!!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2010, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by merz ->
That's good news for you Dandysmom.......

AB I am fortunate to have relatives and a few good friends, but if I had none, I would manage perfectly well...I enjoy and am happy with my own company.....
good to hear that you happy with your own company Merz, a lot of people would be lost without someone beside them.

I could quite easily live on a desert island with only mother natures creatures for company.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top