Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 06:29 PM

Re: Stairs

Originally Posted by mart ->
No stairs (bungalow) but one step up to the front door, level access at the back.

The house I grew up in had 14 steps to the stairs. There was a carpet in the middle that was held in place with stair rods. Some inches of wood showed either side of the carpet.

The wood was painted and it was me and my sister's job to dust the stairs every Saturday morning ..or no pocket money.
Good. I'm all in favour of child labour.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Good. I'm all in favour of child labour.
It was a hard life. No heating in our house and protests were met with cold stairs
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 10:09 PM

It was a hard life. No heating in our house and protests were met with cold stairs
Hard work builds character, and your reward will be in heaven.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 10:16 PM

Just a coal fire in our living room, we often sat round it with our coats on.

Outside toilet only in those days, my Dad used to put an oil stove out there in winter days
To keep the post on topic we had one step up into the outdoor loo.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-11-2020, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Just a coal fire in our living room, we often sat round it with our coats on.

Outside toilet only in those days, my Dad used to put an oil stove out there in winter days
To keep the post on topic we had one step up into the outdoor loo.
Yes, when ah wer a lad we had an outside toilet. It was down three steps to the yard.

My dad once played a trick on some friends who had come to visit. He placed some cling film over the toilet pan and put the lid back down. Then he came back up the three steps to the house and waited for the fun to begin.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 10:50 PM

Good Mart....

Unfortunately I live in a stepless world of level floors....
So if I visit anywhere where there are steps I'm afraid I can't contain myself, and have to feed my insatiable appetite for ascending at speed, by running uphill in 6-8 inch increments until my thighs hurt.......
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 11:15 PM

Did 140 stairs in a tower block yesterday, to the tenth floor, for a delivery, to escape the potential virus in the lift, (and being my Birthday, to prove I still could).
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Did 140 stairs in a tower block yesterday, to the tenth floor, for a delivery, to escape the potential virus in the lift, (and being my Birthday, to prove I still could).
You really need a parachute...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2020, 11:43 PM

No, descending is the easy part.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Happy Birthday for yesterday Spitty....

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top