Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

26-07-2012, 06:49 PM

Re: Royal Princes at Olympics

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Oh really Mazzie darlin' - any other Serviceman caught in such circumstances would have been dismissed, but of course that can't happen to royal prince can it???
Not true Uncle Joe............I did far worse and lived to tell the tale!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by romfty ->
Here ! less of the ladies pal!
I think it's the last thing I would accuse you of Pete....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by romfty ->
Not true Uncle Joe............I did far worse and lived to tell the tale!
Yes Pete, but you're not a royal prince.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2012, 07:53 PM

I know lets have a go at Tony Blair and his ladywife.Seconds out ....there goes the bell for the first round....
romfty
spain
romfty is male 

26-07-2012, 09:15 PM

Yes Pete, but you're not a royal prince.
Wish I was .............boy what a job!!

Mind you, was around Charles in the Andrew and he worked twice as hard just to get to the same level as his brother officers, just to make sure no one could say, he got the position just because of who he is..........
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 04:38 AM

Nobody gets to sqive in the army, when you sign in your in and dont get excused duty, and dont expect too,all the royals have been on active service and william is fighting to stay in the forces all though he will be king one day, whatever people say the Royal Family earn there keep.
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Nobody gets to sqive in the army, when you sign in your in and dont get excused duty, and dont expect too,all the royals have been on active service and william is fighting to stay in the forces all though he will be king one day, whatever people say the Royal Family earn there keep.
I agree. A Danish guy I know is full of praise for them as their princes are really lazy and do as little as possible especially the one who is heir to the throne. He says he does on average 3 days work a year
Jonsey
South western France
Jonsey is male 

27-07-2012, 08:53 AM

Having served alongside two Royal princes in my time I can tell you they ain't got a soft option job, they were both officers and serving as any other enlisted officer would do, they did their watch duties, and they did ALL that their fellow officers had to do -----PLUS when in a foriegn port they had Royal duties to perform.

Being serving Officers, as someone pointed out earlier, they are, like anyone else serving their country entitled to leave, (Holiday type leave), what they do with their time is entirely up to them,but they have to bear the brunt and the demands of being a Royal.

Plantman, I'm afraid your biased points about them having soft options is way way out of line, for example ---wasn't Andrew flying a helicopter when the Falklands were at war, or do they just give pilots licences to every Tom Dick and harry, without first going through rigourous training, wasn't Harry serving his country in Afghanistan until some bloody stupid Australian news media thought it apt to tell the world, and I suppose Andrew was just given his "wings" to fly a search and rescue helicopter??.
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

27-07-2012, 01:38 PM

Oh really Mazzie darlin' - any other Serviceman caught in such circumstances would have been dismissed, but of course that can't happen to royal prince can it???

Joe Darlin' I think you might just be wrong there.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2012, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by mazzie ->
Joe Darlin' I think you might just be wrong there.
Yes Mazzie darlin' I forgot about Ted who got himself kicked off the Royal Marine training course and ran back to Mummy.

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top