Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 02:00 PM

do you doodle?

If I've a paper and pen in my hand, even whilst on the phone, I'm always doodling. Bricks are a favourite, then flowers. A row of alternating horizontal and vertical lines (?).

Do you doodle?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 02:32 PM

Re: do you doodle?

Not often these days mainly because I rarely have a pen in my hand as I use the laptop for letters and memos etc
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 02:52 PM

I doodle - usually lines that cross each other or circles joined together.. the psychologists would have a field day...
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 02:59 PM

I have a pen in my hand most days at work. Spend a lot of time on the phone and that's my doodling time
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 04:02 PM

I love doodling anytime I have a pen in my hand, good therapy for people like me who get bored easily. I’m a scroller, love long twirling scrolls, oh and a few ducks, I do them when the wife catches me wasting me time.
Fender Bender
By the pc
Fender Bender is male  Fender Bender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 04:04 PM

I very rarely have a pen in my hand nowadays, so the answer is of course that I dont doodle. Having said that, the question triggered a memory...

Back when I was at school, I failed art. In a way I'm proud of that. To fail in that subject is more difficult than a pass!

Anyway, just after I left, I saw a competition to design the cover of a loose leaf binder. I entered it, copying the doodles from the cover of one of my school books. The usual "signpost around the logo," maths equations, a bit of latin, knight on horseback. In other words, the usual stuff a schoolchild does. It won! I still have an example somewhere.
eddie
shropshire UK
eddie is female  eddie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 04:12 PM

I doodle stars, often when I'm doing a crossword the margins are filled with them!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 05:18 PM

Frequently,constantly. I often surprise myself at the pictures I doodle-usually in cartoon form. By which I mean,I'm not taking notice of what I'm doodling,I just let my pen-hand 'do it's thing' while I use my other braincell for concentrating on the subject at hand. Back when I wore uniform,I used to write home on supplied sheets of A4,which had 2 holes on one side. [ok,ok-I filched them from the adjutant's office] Yes Dear has kept them-and every single one I ever wrote has a cartoon based around every single hole! Yet,to this day,I can NOT recall doodling them as I sat wondering what to write. [it was important not to let her worry,so I used to spend ages making sure I didn't inadvertently include anything bad]
But to this day,I still doodle-and write silly thoughts or one liners that occur. This desk is COVERED with notebooks/sheets of paper which have silly jokes or daft thoughts scribbled all over them.

...I really must find a hobby....
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 05:23 PM

Yes. I'm a doodler, always have been. Scrolls like Jem.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2014, 10:12 PM

I do doodle, and one of the things i do is Blind Contour drawing, looking at the subject but not at the paper. Its an art exercise to warm up and to coordinate your hand in to drawing what you see. Get some very funny results.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top