Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 05:11 PM

Re: Pillow Choice

Originally Posted by Twizard ->
i didn't think you were rude, don't worry about it!
Thank you Twizard.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 07:49 PM

My pillows always end up like pipsqueaks. No matter how I choose them. My partner got some from Amazon and they're great. The deal is finished, but I'll get some next time.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Diamond Lady ->
You're a man Alan, not many men have difficulty sleeping !!
Funny you should say that DL, my wife has tried every kind of pillow available and she still can't get one to suit her, sometimes she has up to four pillows under her head then pulls one away, then another, she puts them sideways and behind her tossing and turning until she eventually falls asleep, I usually wait until she's asleep before I get into bed, it would drive me nuts trying to sleep with that going on beside me, but I have to say once she nods off she has a sound sleep.
On the other hand I have one of those horseshoe shaped pillows, well not quite horseshoe but a good curve in it, and have no problems getting to sleep.
eddie
shropshire UK
eddie is female  eddie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 09:47 PM

I have spondylitis and often wake with pain in my neck. The best support I have found is a Dunlopillo latex pillow. It keeps it's shape and there is a selection of firmnesses to suit everyone. I use it with a folded towel underneath to bring it up to the right height for me.
http://www.dunlopillo.co.uk/pillows
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2014, 10:24 PM

I was given a set of pure duck down pillows last year but they're so soft my head sinks into them and next morning my hair looks like Ken Dodd's!
I've recently bought some medium Silentnight pillows which are firmer but I'm still not getting a good night's sleep, my neck aches, I just can't get the right balance!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
I was given a set of pure duck down pillows last year but they're so soft my head sinks into them and next morning my hair looks like Ken Dodd's!
I've recently bought some medium Silentnight pillows which are firmer but I'm still not getting a good night's sleep, my neck aches, I just can't get the right balance!
Snap ! On every count !
Eddie - thank you - would be too hot for me .......
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire
Diamond Lady is female  Diamond Lady has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Funny you should say that DL, my wife has tried every kind of pillow available and she still can't get one to suit her, sometimes she has up to four pillows under her head then pulls one away, then another, she puts them sideways and behind her tossing and turning until she eventually falls asleep, I usually wait until she's asleep before I get into bed, it would drive me nuts trying to sleep with that going on beside me, but I have to say once she nods off she has a sound sleep.
On the other hand I have one of those horseshoe shaped pillows, well not quite horseshoe but a good curve in it, and have no problems getting to sleep.
I have sympathy with your wife Jem, trying to get to sleep is bad enough, but with this pillow thing going on as well.....

I've tried the horseshoe shaped pillow and those square things that are foam with a dip which is supposed to support the neck. Think you see them being sold in osteopaths. The latter made matters even worse !!

I'm afraid if my partner waited for me to get to sleep, he'd never be in bed !! I'm awake most of the night and have the radio on too. May snatch an hour around 6.00am.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-12-2014, 01:39 PM

Those ones with the dip ! - Torture !
Diamond Lady
South Derbyshire

29-12-2014, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->

You are funny !!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-12-2014, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I thought you might like them seeing as you're a bit dippy

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top