Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
eddie
shropshire UK
eddie is female  eddie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 09:51 AM

Hiatus Hernia and associated pain

Does anyone else with a hiatus hernia have infrequent bouts of severe stomach pain which can last several hours?

After various investigations, which were done some time ago, the cause was put down to a hiatus hernia. I think this decision was arrived at by a process of elimination!

Dr. Google says that hiatus hernias aren't usually painful. :
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 12:46 PM

Re: Hiatus Hernia and associated pain

When I had one it was very painful. I thought I was having a heart attack! Luckily it disappeared eventually, but still feels a bit bruised sometimes.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
When I had one it was very painful. I thought I was having a heart attack! Luckily it disappeared eventually, but still feels a bit bruised sometimes.

That's how I'm feeling today after an horrendous attack of severe IBS yesterday, stomach and upper body felt like it wan in a vice - terrible
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 03:01 PM

Don't they have to operate and mend it, Tess?
eddie
shropshire UK
eddie is female  eddie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 06:12 PM

Hi TessA, I know exactly what you mean by feeling bruised afterwards, it's a good description. May I ask if you had any treatment at the time?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by eddie ->
Hi TessA, I know exactly what you mean by feeling bruised afterwards, it's a good description. May I ask if you had any treatment at the time?
Eddie - did they rule out IBS - sounds very similar
eddie
shropshire UK

13-02-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
[/B]
That's how I'm feeling today after an horrendous attack of severe IBS yesterday, stomach and upper body felt like it wan in a vice - terrible
Hope you're feeling better now Patsy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

13-02-2016, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by eddie ->
Hope you're feeling better now Patsy.
Not yet - still very tender .........
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2016, 07:16 PM

I think hiatus hernia can be treated with medication and not surgery. Also look up acid reflux
eddie
shropshire UK

13-02-2016, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
I think hiatus hernia can be treated with medication and not surgery. Also look up acid reflux
The GP has put me on Lanzoprazole to reduce acid production in my stomach.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top