Join for free
Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 04:42 PM

Re: Pandora

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Pandora is made in Gemopolis, an Industrial facility on the outskirts of Bangkok.

The workers live in a very poor area of Bangkok.

If you wish to pay £60 for something that costs £2 that is fine by me.

I won't be doing it.

They have a good discount outlet on site, fill your boots, it pays for the holiday.
For a minute I thought you was pulling my leg ,until i looked it up and there really is a place called Gemopolis,

http://pandoragroup.com/en/Careers/P...ion%20Thailand
eddie
shropshire UK
eddie is female  eddie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 05:08 PM

Personally, when I buy my daughter jewellery, I go to a small independent silversmith in town and get her something that is unique. The prices are reasonable too.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 08:15 PM

I'm always on the hunt for different or unusual jewellery and charity shops are great for that
I have two Clogau gold items but only because they were special birthday gifts
I also have a single leather strap black Pandora bracelet but again, a gift.
I like it but I only plan to get one simple dangly charm..
Understated is best I think

Unless on a night out of course!
Or indeed dancing Myrtle!!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 09:32 PM

Amber is nice and always unique, especially with a little insect or something trapped in it from thousands of years ago.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 09:40 PM

My daughter wanted Pandora for her 21st. What can you do?
So I got a mortgage () and 3 charms to go on the bracelet. All Chinese sayings, which she's into.

I've hardly got any jewellery now, had to sell most of it to survive. Some beautiful old stuff too
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
My daughter wanted Pandora for her 21st. What can you do?
So I got a mortgage () and 3 charms to go on the bracelet. All Chinese sayings, which she's into.

I've hardly got any jewellery now, had to sell most of it to survive. Some beautiful old stuff too
She will love you all the more for it
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 10:28 PM

Hi

Pandora is just a rip off, the power of marketing over substance.

The share price went up from 54 in 2011 to 973 today.

They are aiming for exclusivity, which is an illusion.

They are achieving this by closing their unbranded outlets, they have closed over 1.400 of them and opened a much lower number of new branded stores, it is all about the shopping experience.

In other words, same stuff, but instead of selling it cheaply all over the place, restrict it to some fancy shops and charge 10 times as much.

I find it amazing that people can spend so much on so little.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England

09-06-2016, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Pandora is just a rip off, the power of marketing over substance.

The share price went up from 54 in 2011 to 973 today.

They are aiming for exclusivity, which is an illusion.

They are achieving this by closing their unbranded outlets, they have closed over 1.400 of them and opened a much lower number of new branded stores, it is all about the shopping experience.

In other words, same stuff, but instead of selling it cheaply all over the place, restrict it to some fancy shops and charge 10 times as much.

I find it amazing that people can spend so much on so little.

I find it amazing that you keep coming back to this thread and spewing out your Anti- Pandora post . This is your THIRD ,
I asked the LADIES on this forum if they bought Pandora ,
You are not a LADY unless you have done a change in the weeks you joined here .
So will you make this your LAST POST in HERE PLEASE.

I thought I would start this Thread because there was so much Bile going on in the forum else where .
Lets not have it on this thread about Jewellery .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2016, 10:11 AM

One of the ladies I work with has quite a collection of Pandora charms, some lovely stuff. I think there are worse things she could save her pennies to buy, and never known buying jewellery to harm anyone. Better to buy what she likes than jewellery she would never wear. Not sure why anyone has a problem with it, not asking anyone else to wear or buy it.
Butterfly2013
Canada
Butterfly2013 is female  Butterfly2013 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2016, 02:00 AM

I have a Pandora bracelet that I received as a gift 2 years ago, slowly it is filling up...all charms were given as gifts. I enjoy my Pandora, yes it is expensive, but if you like it, why not ? We need things in our lives that give us pleasure and if having a Pandora gives us pleasure, who is to say that it is worthless or useless ? I know it is a fad, as many things we have purchased have been fads....but it doesn't matter at all, fad or not

When I look at my bracelet, I am reminded of who gave me the charms and why...and that is a nice feeling.

Page 4 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top