Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 02:00 PM

Happy U.F.O. Day!

Just looking in the paper and I see today is World UFO Day, the only day in the year dedicated to the existence of unidentified flying object. Hanfonius suggested we could have a thread about other like forms we don't know of, and although we have talked about this before, today might be the day to get some new views on it. Have you ever seen any UFO's? Would you tell someone if you did? Do you really believe we are alone? Are there life forms out there that thrive on intense heat and deadly gasses?, we know only a tiny fraction of what goes on in our Universe.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 02:08 PM

Re: Happy U.F.O. Day!

I do believe i saw UFO`s once, as to life forms that could exist outside of our limitations well there is evidence on Earth of such, around undersea volcanic plumes etc.
I would like to believe there is more in the Universe that than Earth has to offer, ive yet too see a credible video of a UFO, why are they always so hazy ?

Meanwhile, nanoo nanoo. "Mork calling Orson"
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 03:21 PM

Never seen one but really really want to one day. Only sad thing is I believe we will start shooting long before they say hello we are friendly. I saw a week or so back we are beaming messages into space saying welcome and explaining who we are, so could be we will meet them sooner rather than later !
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 04:13 PM

I remember watching - long ago - a TV show, either "Tales of the Unexpected" or "The Outer Limits", about a space craft coming to land in somewhere in america. All the troops were mustered - guns at the ready. The aliens announced that they came in peace and had landed. The troops marched all over the place looking for them. Unfortunately, the aliens were no bigger than ants and were trampled under foot in the search !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I remember watching - long ago - a TV show, either "Tales of the Unexpected" or "The Outer Limits", about a space craft coming to land in somewhere in america. All the troops were mustered - guns at the ready. The aliens announced that they came in peace and had landed. The troops marched all over the place looking for them. Unfortunately, the aliens were no bigger than ants and were trampled under foot in the search !
That I can believe
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2014, 04:42 PM

Beam me up Scotty!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 12:53 AM

I believe in Roswell as much as I don't believe in the Moon Landing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...niversary.html
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 07:08 AM

I certainly believe that there was more to Roswell than we are ever likely to be told about.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2014, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I believe in Roswell as much as I don't believe in the Moon Landing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...niversary.html
I'm with you on both counts there AC.
I believe the technology we now have came from the crashed space craft captured at Roswell and there are more new marvels to be revealed, it's a bit odd how suddenly we "Discovered" so much since the 50's, the next big leap forward will be some type of anti gravity system and then the sky is the limit. When you think of it, what Country would tell the World if they found a mine of new technology in their own back yard?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2014, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Never seen one but really really want to one day. Only sad thing is I believe we will start shooting long before they say hello we are friendly. I saw a week or so back we are beaming messages into space saying welcome and explaining who we are, so could be we will meet them sooner rather than later !

I have always thought the same Julie. We would want to either shoot, capture, imprison or experiment on any "aliens" discovered. For that reason alone, I hope they stay hidden.

I am also leaning towards believing some of the stories of people saying they were abducted and then returned to earth. We capture, implant & tag loads of species to find out where they go, what they do, who they do it with, what they eat and where they migrate to, etc, and I reckon its possible exactly the same is occasionally done to us, because they are equally interested in us. I doubt they mean us any harm otherwise they'd have wiped us out long ago.

(Send for the men in white coats for me if you wish)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top