Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 12:42 AM

Re: Out of Body Experiences.

me too!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 04:05 AM

Not quite out of body but definitely off body.

'On July 17, 1793, a woman named Charlotte Corday was executed by guillotine for the assassination of Jean-Paul Marat, a radical journalist, politician and revolutionary. Marat was well-liked for his ideas and the mob awaiting the guillotine was eager to see Corday pay. After the blade dropped and Corday's head fell, one of the executioner's assistants picked it up and slapped its cheek. According to witnesses, Corday's eyes turned to look at the man and her face changed to an expression of indignation. Following this incident, people executed by guillotine during the Revolution were asked to blink afterward, and witnesses claim that the blinking occurred for up to 30 seconds.'
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Out of body experiences don't have to have anything to do with death though. What about Astral travel, where people are happily asleep in their own beds and go off experiencing weird and wonderful things - and I'm not talking about normal dreaming.
There is a lot of difference between Near Death Experiences and Astral travelling.
Well not a lot of difference Mups, just you don't have to be near death to experience it. The spirit lives on - simple as that ....
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 01:36 PM

Regarding the OP, does it simply mean that the brain is functioning for longer than was previously thought, that you are 'alive' for a bit longer than expected after the heart stops.
The out of body experience of watching the proceedings is strange though. My late FIL who had a heart condition and occasions when his heart stopped also described seeing people working on him.
I think the brain is so complex we don't fully understand it's capabilities.
Talking of the brain did anyone watch the new series with Prof Brian Cox which started last night about the human brain and what makes us uniquely human.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

'On July 17, 1793, a woman named Charlotte Corday was executed by guillotine for the assassination of Jean-Paul Marat, a radical journalist, politician and revolutionary. Marat was well-liked for his ideas and the mob awaiting the guillotine was eager to see Corday pay. After the blade dropped and Corday's head fell, one of the executioner's assistants picked it up and slapped its cheek. According to witnesses, Corday's eyes turned to look at the man and her face changed to an expression of indignation. Following this incident, people executed by guillotine during the Revolution were asked to blink afterward, and witnesses claim that the blinking occurred for up to 30 seconds.'
If I was going to be executed I sure wouldn't do what I was told after death!!!
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 02:12 PM

As a child I regularly used to float up and down the staircase at home and thought that everyone had had similar experiences. It's happened a few times since I've been an adult where I've floated high in the night sky looking down on all the lights and people on earth. I'm certainly a long way off being dead!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 02:14 PM

That sounds wonderful! I only ever did that during hypnosis once years ago only I was so far up there that only clouds around me & everything was white. I felt the calmest id ever felt in my life & when I was 'back' I actually cried because I didn't want to come back. Up there nothing mattered.

Weird...because I have a loving husband & had no reason to want to be away from him plus my parents were still alive then.....strange but absolutely wonderful experience.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

That would be rather like when you wring a chickens neck,put it down and it will run round for a short time .
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 04:45 PM

You're so right Eliza, what a thought
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-10-2014, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
If I was going to be executed I sure wouldn't do what I was told after death!!!

Same her AC, I might spit in his eye though!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top