Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 11 of 131 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 02:53 PM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Ooooohhh goody, does that mean the end of the 'special relationship' too???
The only "special relationship" was between Bush and open neck shirt wearing a leather bomber jacket world staging clown Bliar. What a pair of plonkers !!. Couldn't get our Winston's bust out of the Oval office the day Obama moved in though could he? Then came the accusations over his grandfather and the British. Talk about chip on the shoulder.

Much prefer to deal on a "Don't call us, we'll call you" basis with Mr Obama when it comes to threatening us over leaving the EU thanks.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 03:22 PM

Hi

When we leave the EU, which I now regard as inevitable, all our Trade Agreements with the rest of the World will have to be renegotiated, because they finish the day we leave.

We are only leaving the EU because Call me Dave has failed to negotiate a good deal for us.

Anybody who thinks that he will be able to negotiate a good deal with the rest of the world when he has failed so miserably to negotiate one with the EU is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

He is incompetent.

My kids are moving abroad full time to work, they see no future here at all.

Either in the EU, because of the failure to negotiate a better deal or out of it, which they consider will be even worse because of Cameron's inability to get a good deal for us with anyone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 06:26 PM

No doubt in my mind. Cameron is a spineless clown.
I agree, we need a strong leader and he isn't it.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 07:58 PM

At the moment, I would vote yes, unless the EU agrees to TTIP as it stands. Cooperation is so much safer than setting ourselves up as one country in competition with the rest of the world. Particularly with the government we have, dismantling our infrastructure and selling it off to asset strippers.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 09:25 PM

It's almost as if the others want us to leave.
I wonder why?
You'd think they'd be trying to get us to stay!
Perhaps we're not as important as we think!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-02-2016, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
It's almost as if the others want us to leave.
I wonder why?
You'd think they'd be trying to get us to stay!
Perhaps we're not as important as we think!
I'm quite happy for them to want us to leave. However, I can't think why they do, bearing in mind that they benefit far more from us than we do from them.

They can come to Britain, receive generous handouts and send them home to their own country; we hand the EU more than twice as much money as they give us back through the goodness of their hearts.

I'm convinced that our leaving will be to their detriment and to our advantage.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 09:07 AM

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...peaks-her-mind
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 09:55 AM

Hi

Even the donor's to the out campaign are warning of the costs of leaving.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...irm-quit-risks

I am still convinced that out is best in the long run, however I am just as convinced that it is going to hurt us financially for the next 5 to 10 years, with even more austerity as tax revenues fall due to Companies leaving the UK.

When we leave, our existing trade deals finish, we will have to renegotiate them.

I cannot see our totally inept Politicians having any more success negotiating new trade deals than they have been negotiating with the EU.
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2016, 01:04 PM

The trouble is that many people just don't think. They react to what they read and hear from pundits who have their own agenda. Many dislike being in the EU because they believe we are being forced to accept refugees we don't want. Why do they think Turkey is being pressured to accept the thousands of refugees hammering at their borders?

Turkey is not an EU member, that's why.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

07-02-2016, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
I am still convinced that out is best in the long run, however I am just as convinced that it is going to hurt us financially for the next 5 to 10 years, with even more austerity as tax revenues fall due to Companies leaving the UK.

When we leave, our existing trade deals finish, we will have to renegotiate them.

I cannot see our totally inept Politicians having any more success negotiating new trade deals than they have been negotiating with the EU.
You paint a grim picture about companies leaving the UK. However, what would happen if we didn't kick out the cheap East European workers, but allowed them to stay? Would these companies which have invested heavily in plant in this country up sticks?
At the same time, what would happen to our own workers if the cheap East Europeans stay? Would they be happy to be out of a job unless they too agreed to work for peanuts?

Trade deals are less of a worry to me. How did we ever manage before we were taken over by Brussels? I'm sure we used to make successful deals all over the world, and I think we could do the same again. Mind you, we turned our back on our Commonwealth friends. Who's to say they might not turn their backs on us?
Still, bearing in mind that we have always imported raw materials from them and sold manufactured materials back to them, I have no doubt that we'd work together successfully, and without having to pay Brussels billions for the privilege.

Would we still trade with the EU countries? Yes, of course. All our BMW and Audi drivers will still provide a willing market for the Germans.

Your final point about our inept politicians, however, is well believable. If Dopey is still here when we escape, I believe we shall be in a great deal of trouble. Even worse if Corbyn, or any of his party, gain control.
I think there may still be some reasonably honest and capable politicians, though, and we can only hope that the electorate chooses wisely.

Page 11 of 131 « First < 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top