Join for free
View Poll Results: Would you vote to stay or go?
STAY IN THE EU 34 27.87%
LEAVE THE EU 88 72.13%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Page 51 of 131 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 > Last »
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 10:02 AM

Re: EU...IN or OUT?

'We are not so stupid or inefficient in this country that we can't run a successful economy or trade with the rest of the world we have done so before and can do it again'

Ever heard of the steel industry?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2016, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by moreover ->
'We are not so stupid or inefficient in this country that we can't run a successful economy or trade with the rest of the world we have done so before and can do it again'

Ever heard of the steel industry?

wabblewalk
surrey borders
wabblewalk is male  wabblewalk has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2016, 11:30 AM

It's official, Mick Jagger says in, but we will be better off later being out.
Fire and Ice
Crewe
Fire and Ice is male 

10-04-2016, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I've just checked if I am eligible to vote as a UK citizen living in Ireland, and it seems I am so I have sent off the required registration details.

So now I guess I will have to try to understand a bit more. Gut feeling is out, though I really feel totally unqualified/uninformed enough to make the decision. But apart from other aspects, anything which adds expensive layers of bureaucracy to decision making seems a total waste of money. It's bad enough having UK politicians on various home gravy trains without adding in European ones.
Didn't Ireland first vote to reject the EU (Treaty of Lisbon) but were told to vote again? I'm pretty sure that would tell me how to vote..
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 08:33 AM

Just a point worth thinking about, many have said , look at Norway they are not in the E U and are doing well. O K yes ,. but we didnt join the E U , the U K are in it, and it will mean greater consequences to leave, not as easy as not getting in it in the first place . It will be a brave move to leave, but in time a beneficial one I think, but dont expect things to change in 12 months .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
Just a point worth thinking about, many have said , look at Norway they are not in the E U and are doing well. O K yes ,. but we didnt join the E U , the U K are in it, and it will mean greater consequences to leave, not as easy as not getting in it in the first place . It will be a brave move to leave, but in time a beneficial one I think, but dont expect things to change in 12 months .
I agree Norway, that's exactly what I believe too.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 09:01 AM

Europe: 'Them' or 'Us'? - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-35996621

BBC2 Tuesday April 12 and 19 @ 9pm
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 09:15 AM

An interesting and comprehensive view. With cooperation everyone wins. With competition just one! Churchill knew that, unfortunately, vested interest owns the means of persuassion.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Fire and Ice ->
Didn't Ireland first vote to reject the EU (Treaty of Lisbon) but were told to vote again? I'm pretty sure that would tell me how to vote..
Yep, that farce really happened.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-04-2016, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I agree Norway, that's exactly what I believe too.
Hi

Norway, to keep in the EEC Free Trade Area has had to accept two things.

Firstly, it has to comply with EU regulations.

Secondly, it has to accept free movement of EU Workers.

Both of which are completely the opposite of what the Out campaigners want.

Simple fact of life, unless and until we grasp the nettle and change our stupid tax and benefits system, naff all will change.

Norway has a massive surplus fund, we don't.

Page 51 of 131 « First < 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top